My dad is in the Oregon VA home and the cost is $6000.00 a month. My mom has spent every bit of there retirement on the cost and is about to sell their home to pay for the monthly expense.

He needs to go on Medicaid. Don't let mom sell the house without speaking to a social worker or lawyer. The government allows her to hold on to some of their assets so the spouse does not become impoverished. Left to her own devices she may spend too much
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to MACinCT

Honourable discharge seems to be the criterion, rather than theatre of service per se. Go to and look on the site for contact details - it would be best to get advice to navigate the system.

Has your mother been reluctant to ask for help?
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Countrymouse

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter