I have legal POA for health and financial concerning my mother’s life with compensation approval.

Actually depends on the situation. If you are a live in then you are definitely an employee and employer should be withholding taxes, etc for you.

The family may not be paying you legally. Is there a care agreement? Sometimes families will pay someone cash, under the table, which save money. Paying you $12.00 an hour or whatever beats the heck out of $30.00 charged by a legit care company.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to gladimhere
cwillie Dec 19, 2018
The way I read this the OP is the son/daughter and POA and is paying themselves to care for the mother.
I suggest you consult with an elder law attorney to discuss how to properly set up a caregiver agreement so that any compensation you receive will not cause future problems with your mother's estate of with medicaid eligibility.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to cwillie

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter