I have legal POA for health and financial concerning my mother’s life with compensation approval.

Actually depends on the situation. If you are a live in then you are definitely an employee and employer should be withholding taxes, etc for you.

The family may not be paying you legally. Is there a care agreement? Sometimes families will pay someone cash, under the table, which save money. Paying you $12.00 an hour or whatever beats the heck out of $30.00 charged by a legit care company.
Reply to gladimhere
cwillie Dec 19, 2018
The way I read this the OP is the son/daughter and POA and is paying themselves to care for the mother.
(0)
I suggest you consult with an elder law attorney to discuss how to properly set up a caregiver agreement so that any compensation you receive will not cause future problems with your mother's estate of with medicaid eligibility.