Am caring for ex-husband in my home. Wondering where money will come from once his assets are gone. Aid & Attendance?

He is 86 gets meds thru VA. He was in Korean War during war time. War ended right before he was scheduled to go. He has 66000 net worth and received 2000/ month soc sec. He will be going to assisted living for two months while I get knee replacements. Pays approximately $4000/year for support, health insurance, etc. Dementia becoming worse. Wondering where money will come from once his assets are gone. Aid & Attendance?

Once his assets are gone, he may be able to apply for Medicaid.
Sorry, ur post is confusing. You say he was in the Korean war but it ended before he could go. Do you mean it ended before discharge. If so, he was in during the war. You could try for A & A now and see if he qualifies. But if on Medicaid you can't get A&A.
I believe JoAnn29 is right about not being able to get Aid & Attendance if you're on Medicaid.