My dad had a stroke last year and we are trying to find out which agency pays for his Home Health Aide Services and-or Long Term Services.

He has been certified by his physician’s that he needs Home Health Aide Services and or Long-Term home care assistance in performing day to day activities for the rest of his life.

My parents have the following Medical Insurances:

- Medicare A and B

- Blue Shield through PERSCare - PPO - Though his wife’s employer

- Long Term Care Insurance through PERS

- Dad is also a Veteran WWII and has VA services, but hasn’t used any VA services to date.

Who pays first, second third and Final for his Home Health Aide Services-Long Term Care Services, Medicare, VA, Blue Shield PERSCARE or PERS Long Term Care?

Currently they are paying $1500.00 out of their pocket to a license Home Health Agency.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - PERS - Public Employees Retirement Service

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Your best bet is to work with a consultant. We used elderbenefitsconsulting and it was painless. No fee.
Helpful Answer (0)

I agree with Pam, the VA is the best choice you have. He can be covered for home health care services. Veterans are eligible for long term care coverage through the Department of Veteran Affairs’ programs called the Aid and Attendance and Housebound Pension (check it here: ). I suggest you call your local VA so you can process application immediately.
Helpful Answer (0)

Your best bet is VA Aid & Attendance. The PERS contract, you would have to read all the fine print, contracts are individually tailored.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter