My mother was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago. In that 3 week period I've gone 13 days w/out pay. It has been difficult financially and she hasn't begun treatments yet. I accompany her to her doctor's visits to ensure the family is receiving best and total care for mom. For that reason I must be hands on in her care. I have been searching the internet looking for agencies that pay caregivers for taking care of their parents, but I don't come across any in Louisiana. Is there any agency you can refer me to? I greatly appreciate all resources, information, and help anyone provides. Thank you so much.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
That’s a very common question. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver allowing you to keep a full-time job.

If you live in the States, see If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs, such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter