A year ago our GP scheduled a MRI and an appointment with the local neurologist (there is only one).
The neurologist did the standard test...followed by bloodwork...
Without going into the details again (I already posted my experience with the neurologist...which was horrible imho)...He gave her medication of which she had a violent reaction...)
Since I was still working at the time I elected to not give her the medication...I could not afford for her to react that way when I was not home.
I discussed this with her GP and that I had made the decision not return to the Neurologist.
I think some patients can handle the diagnosis better than others....my wife is not one if them.
I think returning to the neurologist would be too traumatic for my wife...and research has not shown that treatment has provided that much relief...Since her initial diagnosis I have retired.
She has her yearly visit with her GP again in a couple if weeks...and I will discuss my thoughts with him again.
I guess my question is....Should I start the neurologist process all over again?
I am just not sure how to proceed.
Am I being overly protective?