Calling Adult Protective Services has put my family's life in danger. Is there anyone who can help?

My life and my son's life are in Danger!

17

Answers

All this over who is named as beneficiary of a life insurance policy? Doesn't make sense.

What you are describing is not a family, it is a criminal enterprise - 50 people willing to stalk, harrass and possibly kill you over gritting an old lady. Call all the authorities, send letters, local police, FBI, state police. Certainly these bad asses are wanted by someone for something.

Get a restraining order, as last resort remember you have the right to bear arms. Take classes.

Elderlyhelper does your mom have a lot of money or a lot of insurance? Is this why they are after you and your family? I think it's shameful that the police will not help you! Please document every threat you receive, keep your text messages or voicemails and also any threatening e-mails, record every conversation you have with them. I don't know which state you live in but that you have gotten no help from the police is shameful. There are laws about stalking, cyber-stalking, and terroristic threats surely you must fit into one of them. God bless and protect you and your family.

How do you know that it's family driving by? How have the death and kidnapping threats been delivered? Does your cell phone have a camera or video feature? Can you record phone calls? Try to document what is happening.

Why do you say they want you dead by Christmas?

ElderlyHelper, we really feel for you. We've heard of such a thing as a private lifestyle which may help you, but you'll need to leave your area in order to pull that off.

Meanwhile, document each and every incident with the date and time and what you did about it. If you called 911, record whatever the police said or did. If there's a phone call, log it. If there's a drive by or knock on the door, document that.

If you haven't tried this, call your county prosecutor's office and ask for help. If you have your ducks lined up with all the incidents, police reports, etc, you have a better chance of getting attention.

Hang in there!

@ Country Mouse... Thank You for hoping I'm ok. Really appreciate that.

@ Countrymouse: Yes that is exactly what I was told it's more about husbands and wives that have problems. It's all about proof also. They can drive by my house all they want and it's not a crime. The police unfortunately are not bodyguards.I guess i'm ok for now. I just need angels around me right now and keep praying everyone will be ok.

The person has to have lived with you???!!! That sounds like utter tosh. What about anti-stalking legislation, for a start? - who knows where their stalker lives, or has lived with him or her?

You're being harassed, and I can't believe the police don't have a duty to protect you. Do you have any access to legal advice?

I hope you're doing ok. Keep updating please.

@ bookluvr: I'm trying as hard as I can to find a job far away and save money to relocate. You're right.. a restraining order doesn't help much.

@ Country Mouse. I called adult protective services first. that's when the threats started. Then I started calling the police and probably even other agency you can think of. To get a restraining order for some reason they said, the person had to previously lived with you, and you have to know their address. I have no idea where they live, but they sure know where I'm at. Yes, i'm shaken to the core alright, I just hope I can make it out of this.

@jeannegibbs: I reported it but nothing has happened and I still don't feel safe at all. My Mother is fine now the focus of the threats are now on my family.

@Babalou: I have, they just tell me to call 911 if something happens.

My biggest reason for posting is I just want people to be aware of what can happen in these situations. I took on a fight I thought I could handle, like I said I was wrong, hopefully I can pull my family out of this. I don't feel free anymore. I miss that.

If you live in an area in which the local police do not enforce the law, contact the State Attorney General and the Federal Department of Justice. And maybe move.