Recommendations on absorbent, overnight diapers for Pop?

My 90 year old father has urinary incontinence at night. Leakage isn't bad,,,the problem is that he feels the wetness next to his skin & it wakes him up - which means he's not ever getting a decent night's sleep. We've tried every store brand we can find and I've done internet searches & ordered a variety of brands - nothing has worked well yet. He prefers pull ups to tabs,,,but will wear tabs if it will get the job done.

So....can anybody recommend a nighttime diaper that: 1) absorbs well and 2) feels dry next to the skin so my Pop can get a decent night's sleep?

55

Answers

1 2 3 4 5
Yes. I found Abena products to be the best, also. Worth the cost.

Since my last post I have discovered Abri-Flex L2 pull-ups - softer, cheaper (1 euro per pair) and longer-lasting. Mum now uses two pairs per day instead of three, and leakage incidents are extremely rare.

I found that Abena L1 Briefs is a great product to consider - we buy ours from XP MEDICAL or Northshore. Neither one of them take Medicaid nor Medicare but put out a reliable product.

I could open a store with all the products I've tried, and keep trying for my husbands incontinence - he is in late stage Alz. So far, Depends are in the lead. ALSO, I purchased several pairs of plastic/washable pullups to go over them at night!! This process seems to work incredibly well. Sure he gets wet, but because it is contained, he must feel warm, and it doesn't seem to create a problem for him.
Sani Pant Reusable Briefs by Salk --- you can find them on Amazon, or Vitality Medical which is a great site for all incontinence needs. Their prices are good too.

Try website HDIS the best pull up is Reassure

HelpmehelpMama: Definitely get a fresh pair on her! Wetness next to her body will have an odor and is not good for the skin since the skin is the largest organ in the body.

Should I change my mothers disposable pants each time she urinates or do I wait until she feels the wetness? I've been changing each time thinking that it is not sanitary to keep them on, thus using many diapers.

Tena pull-ups work for my 91-year-old mother who is incontinent and totally physically dependant on me since a fall nearly three years ago. After some trial and error, and although she is not a big lady, we use Super Large pants which are more comfortable for her dry sensitive skin, plus a large bedpad to pick up the rare overnight overflow, and an additional small bedpad while I am changing her, just in case. I change her three times a day (before breakfast, before a late lunch, and at bedtime), and very rarely find any overflow, which has cut down mightily on sheet and pyjama-washing (though she still has a fresh pair of pyjamas every day). The pants wick moisture away from the skin, and contain the odd bout of diarrhoea. They are pricey (24 euros for a pack of twelve, which lasts four days) but worth it for us in terms of comfort and reduced hassle. And there is none of the background urine odour which is so prevalent in nursing homes and hospitals, except at the point when I am changing her. I realise the price may be unrealistic for many people - an alternative might be Depends, which look very similar and are about half the price but which are not immediately available where I live. Hope this info is useful to someone.

Walgreens briefs for men work nicely for me.

1 2 3 4 5