How do I stop overreacting whenever my grandfather gets sick?

I tend to overreact when my grandfather gets sick, even when it is a cold. I don't know why, but I get hyperactive whenever he does. I would go to the pharmacy, sometimes in my pajamas, to get cough syrup, painkillers, et cetera. My grandfather told me to stop getting too worried whenever he gets fevers or colds, but I can't help it.

Have you ever wondered why you overreact when your grandfather gets sick? Are you afraid he's going to die? Is there something in your past that you can connect to your overreaction to your grandfather's health?

My mom used to overreact when I would get sick. I was sick as a child and my parents went through hell. Then as an adult if I came down with a cold or flu or anything really my mom would be all over me. I understood it but it drove me crazy.

It sounds like your grandfather getting sick is some kind of trigger to you. Give it some thought and see if you can't come up with a reason why you overreact to your grandfather's health.