My dad just had a minor heart event and was in the hospital for 3 days getting tests. He is in IL, I am in NYC. I am his POA and only relative in the US, and at his wish have been managing at home care for him for 2.5 years since his wife died. He is back home and I have a team of carers in place to help him, plus a tenant at his home who helps him and keeps an eye on him.
Still, as his daughter, I am very worried about him. If this wasn't a pandemic I'd have gotten on the first plane once he was in the hospital. Since I'm in NY, however, I am worried about being a carrier of the virus and coming to see him, and am also worried about driving across the country right now, and that my health insurance is only good for NY, as I am prone to respiratory illness.
If I knew he would be ok then I definitely would not go right now because of all these risks, but I am worried if he is not ok and I don't go what if I don't get to see him? So that is my conundrum. And now, Trump says they may not let New Yorkers out to travel soon.
This is all tough to decide. Would love your thoughts!