84 year old with kidney cancer. Today is day 5 with no food and only sips of water. How long can he survive?

My father in law has kidney cancer, has not had any treatment in 1 year. 3 days ago he could walk, now he is bed ridden and they had to put a diaper on him. They started him on 1 drop of morphine every 3 hours for pain but he has only had 2 drops. Today is day 5 with no food and only sips of water. How long can he survive this way as I am 1500 miles away?

I am not sure but I think 7 days. Hang in there, sending you love.
If FIL on hospice? Consider calling them and asking for his nurse to get back to you. They are in the best position to judge that.
My mother’s situation was different, multiple strokes, but once docs told us she was in process of dying and she was no longer taking food and only minimal water, she lived two and a half weeks. She wasn’t really awake for it though. Blessings as your family walks through this time
Around 10 days. I've been there, it's so hard.
Many blessings to you all.