Informative, easy-to-use Healthcare Handbook designed to assist senior citizens and their families understand the U.S. healthcare industry, and empower them to choose appropriate services for themselves.
Information about available healthcare resources is provided to help guide them through the various systems. Intended to provide general healthcare information and to be used as a reference for those in the midst of dealing with personal healthcare issues.
The book discusses:
- Federal, state, and private healthcare systems.
- Roles of healthcare professionals.
- Staying healthy and safe.
- Common medical conditions.
- Healthcare facilities and providers.
- Guidelines for selecting healthcare professionals and choosing facilities
- Legal aspects of healthcare.
- End-of-life care.
- Patient rights and responsibilities.
The author is a retired nurse of 50 years. Her work experience included positions in medical centers, an extended care facility, nursing instructor, nursing program director and home health care.
For more information, visit Healthcare Handbook For Senior Citizens and Their Families.