A Cemetery of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas
Sacred Heart Cemetery is located at 3900 Rowlett Road in Rowlett, Texas. It was established as the cemetery for Sacred Heart Church in 1898 on land donated by Patrick McEntee, an early Rowlett citizen who also donated the land for the church. The original cemetery was expanded to 30 acres in the 1970s and a mausoleum and chapel were built.
In 1998, the Diocese contracted with Christian Funeral Services, Inc., an affiliate of Service Corporation International, to operate this cemetery (and the other thee diocesan cemeteries) for the Diocese.
Sacred Heart offers a variety of options including cremation niches, traditional ground burial or above-ground entombment. The mausoleum chapel is suitable for a funeral Mass or a committal service.