Founded by E.E. Purdy & Sons, the first establishment was started in Snohomish in 1914. The house on West Main Street that is now the home of Purdy and Kerr with Dawson Funeral Home was built, as a residence for Manne Lundstam, owner of Monroe Cash Store, at the turn of the century.
E.E. Purdy and Sons purchased the home and in 1927 converted it to a residence Funeral Chapel. The Purdy family lived in and operated the funeral chapel for several years. Lawrence Whitfield joined E.E. Purdy and managed the firm as a resident funeral director and partner. Cecil Kerr followed Mr. Whitfield as a partner and resident manager.
In 1995 Purdy and Kerr in Monroe and Purdy & Dawson in Snohomish merged with an affiliate of Service Corporation International.
Today, we are proud to be a member of the Dignity Memorial® network of funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers. Dignity Memorial providers offer exclusive benefits, including National Transferability of Prearranged Services, the Bereavement Travel Program, the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline® and access to an acclaimed grief management library. As North America's premier provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services, the Dignity Memorial brand is your assurance of quality, value, caring service and exceptional customer satisfaction.
The current Funeral Home is a well-known establishment that serves the citizens of the Monroe, Snohomish, Sultan, Startup, Carnation, Duvall, and Skykomish areas. Our facility offers client families convenience, exceptional care and a staff with Spanish-speaking capabilities.