Independent Seniors is a non-medical in-home and away care and companionship service that unites younger, retired caregivers, or Junior Seniors with older seniors or Senior Seniors that require assistance to ensure that they can continue to live long, happy lives in their own homes.
BENEFITS OF NON-MEDICAL IN HOME & AWAY CARE
A home is not just four walls and a roof. Home represents family, security and a safe haven. As seniors age, the ability to receive services at home offers many benefits:
• Allows seniors to remain independent and in their own homes as long as possible;
• Furnishes familiar and comfortable surroundings.
• Provides companionship;
• Enhances the quality of life for many;
• Offers financial efficiency, at one quarter the cost of semiprivate nursing homes;
• Expands existing home health care services (including medical visits) at a fraction of the price;
• Relieves some of the daily stress and time constraints of personally caring for the elderly;
• Provides peace of mind for seniors, their families and friends.
Research has documented a direct correlation between receiving non-medical in home care and the frequency of seeing doctors. Seniors who received home care reduced the frequency of visits by 25%.
TO US, IT’S ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS
Our considerate and compassionate Junior Seniors want to provide you with the care you need to stay independent, comfortable and safe in your home. We take the time to match you with the right Junior Senior whose values and ideals are just like yours. Junior Seniors appreciate better than anyone the physical and emotional side effects of aging. Their offering of care and assistance is presented with respect, empathy, and a level of understanding that makes it easier for you to feel—and remain—at home.
At Independent Seniors, our caregivers don’t view their role within the company as “just a job” or a “paycheck.” Junior Seniors understand the importance of giving back to the greatest generation that ever lived, by providing care, compassion, and most importantly, company.
In your home or away, our caregivers can handle many of the tasks you may no longer feel comfortable doing yourself. At home we can assist with maintenance issues, such as lawn mowing, snow removal, and keeping the house clean, and we can prepare healthy meals for general or specific dietary needs. Away from home, we can assist you with daily errands such as going to the bank, driving to a medical appointment, or completing your grocery shopping. Or you may just want a companion for tea and conversation.
We can provide specific services tailored to your needs on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
• Meal Preparation
• Light Housekeeping
• Worship Services
• Entertainment (theater, movies, outings)
• Medical or Dental Appointments
• House maintenance and small repairs
• Pet walking
• Yard work and gardening
• Mobility assistance
• Overnight stays (24-hour care)
• Respite care
• Alzheimer’s/Dementia care
Our services can be customized according to your needs, as little or as much as required.
We are the care and company you need to be at home.