A Cemetery of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas
Calvary Hill Cemetery, located at 3235 Lombardy Lane in Northwest Dallas, was established in 1926 by Bishop Joseph Patrick Lynch when it became apparent that Calvary Cemetery (on Hall St.) was no longer adequate to serve the needs of the growing Catholic community in Dallas. The new cemetery, which includes the original Letot family cemetery, was dedicated on All Souls Day in 1929.
When Calvary Hill Cemetery opened, a Priests' Circle was established for the interment of members of the clergy and many were relocated from Old Calvary.
In 1966, the first of several mausoleums was dedicated by Bishop Thomas K. Gorman, including a chapel for committal services and reflection. In 2009, the remains of former Bishops of Dallas were entombed in the chapel.
In 1998, the Diocese contracted with Christian Funeral Services, Inc., an affiliate of Service Corporation International, to operate this cemetery (and the other thee diocesan cemeteries) for the Diocese.
In 2002, Calvary Hill Funeral Home was built adjacent to the cemetery. The funeral home is owned and operated by SCI Texas Funeral Services, Inc. The facility features four staterooms, a hospitality room, a comfortable chapel that will seat 150 people and cemetery offices.