Situated in Newtown, Bucks County, and nestled in a lovely, suburban
setting, The Plaza features beautiful landscaped grounds, outdoor
patio, gazebo and recreational areas. You¹ll quickly feel the comfort
and quiet of this scenic community. Whatever your interests, The Plaza
has something for everyone, featuring a large community room for
activities including special lunches and dinners, entertainment, bingo,
shuffleboard and exercising; small activity room with computers and
internet access; living room for cards and socializing; library; and
games room. At The Plaza, you¹re also within walking distance of the
charming shops of historic Newtown and the Septa 130 bus stops at our front door.
The Plaza operates under a regulatory agreement with the US Department
of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) so all residents must comply
with the income and eligibility requirements of a Section 202/8
facility. It is designed for seniors over the age of 62 as well as for
people under that age who would benefit from the
wheelchair-accessibility features in some of the apartments.
The Plaza is part of Gloria Dei Communities, a not-for-profit
organization with the goal of providing quality, affordable community
living with an abundance of opportunities to find meaning and
fulfillment for its residents.
* Comfortable efficiency and one-bedroom apartments.
* All utilities are included (except telephone and cable TV).
* Individual climate control.
* Smoke detector and sprinkler systems monitored 24/7.
* Emergency pull cords in bedrooms and baths monitored 24/7.
* Wall to wall carpet
* Modern updated electric kitchens.
* Window shades.
* Linen and utility closets.
* Social spaces.
* Community rooms with internet access for games, activities, and more.
* Games room with pool table, darts, etc.
* Coffee shop/convenience store.
* Beauty shop/barber shop.
* Landscaped patio and residents¹¹ garden.
* Coin operated laundry and trash chutes on every floor.
* Assigned parking.
* Controlled building access with safety surveillance at entrances.
* Community bus to scheduled destinations.
* Grocery carts.