Knox McLaughlin Gornall & Sennett, P.C. was founded in Erie in 1958. Today we are one of the largest law firms in the region, with more than 40 attorneys, 15 paralegals, a dedicated support staff, and a growing, dynamic practice throughout Pennsylvania and western New York, Ohio and beyond. We are down-to-earth professionals who successfully combine the diverse disciplines and skills of a large firm with the accessibility and personalized manner of a small firm. We provide earnest and attentive advocacy and counsel grounded in a comprehensive knowledge of the industries in which our clients operate. Our broad-based team approach enables us to leverage individual attorney strengths, assuring that clients benefit from our collective experience. Our attorneys will strive to understand your needs and fulfill them in a friendly, responsive and cost-effective manner.
Our group of Elder Law attorneys and paralegals work every day to help people like you plan for your family’s future and are experienced in handling estate planning, as well as a wide range of other elder law issues, most of which involve a complex system of governmental regulations.
But there are, of course, also practical issues to address while planning your estate. Those practical issues are unique to each client. Our team of lawyers will work with you and your family to navigate the regulations and illuminate the issues so that you can be assured that your assets are preserved from long-term care costs. We can help you to establish family trusts, re-title assets, and use annuities to preserve and protect the wealth that you have taken a lifetime to earn.
We know that you have worked your whole career to provide for your family. Now is the time to make sure that your hard work continues to pay off so that you, your spouse and your family can enjoy financial freedom long into the future.
Why See Us?
• Nearly 75 percent of those turning 65 will require long-term care in their lifetimes.
• The average annual cost for a private room in a Pennsylvania nursing home is $104,390.
• The most likely reason seniors use the principal of their investments is to pay long-term care costs.
Why Plan Now?
• Seniors who safeguard their assets before skilled care is imminent feel much more protected and secure than those who wait until it is too late.
• By arranging to preserve your assets now, you can minimize your costs later.
• Planning will give you peace of mind that you have protected your family.
• Client Focus
• To provide the highest quality legal services to our clients
• To attract, develop and retain the best people to serve our clients
• To use our resources, time and talents to strengthen the communities we serve
• To provide leadership for our profession