About Brookdale Joliet Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
This is a simple promise that the staff at Emeritus at Joliet Courtyard; and throughout Emeritus Senior Living communities — has shared since our community first opened its doors. It's a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful — a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care.
Set on beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard and lovely gardens, Emeritus at Joliet Courtyard is a new Alzheimer's and Dementia Care community located close to I-55 and I-80 in a residential area between Joliet and Shorewood. Our community is within an easy drive of Rock Run Forest Preserve, and near several medical facilities, including Provena St. Joseph Medical Center, Silver Cross Hospital and a nursing home rehabilitation facility if ever needed.
An innovative approach to caring for residents with memory loss
Over the past decade our community has become well known in the area for our innovative approach to caring for seniors with Alzheimer's or Dementia — an approach we call "Join Their Journey." The premise of Join Their Journey®, which is based on research conducted on seniors with Alzheimer's Disease, is simple: We believe that seniors affected by memory disorders still have so much to contribute to life. So our goal is to create a nurturing environment and provide ongoing opportunities every day that allow them to live purposeful, successful lives despite their disease.
Join Their Journey® offers these unique components: • We gather a detailed life story from you, helping us get to know your loved one when they can no longer share their own stories themselves.
• We offer recreational and social programs based on your loved one's personal preferences and abilities.
• Each month, we keep you informed of your loved one's moments of success and purposefulness by sharing stories — "Moments in Time" — about his or her life and accomplishments here at our community. A description of an activity or outing he or she enjoyed, how he or she helped others or made new friends are just a few examples of Moments in Time.
• We offer you — the family — educational programs to help you better understand what your loved one is going through and how you can best support his or her needs.
• Through our family-to-family connections, we offer the opportunity for you to share and learn from other families experiencing similar situations through Alzheimer's and Dementia support groups, family gatherings and meetings.
• We individualize our Alzheimer's and Dementia Service and Care Plan to help with reminders, redirection, medication, bathing and other specific needs.
Reviews for Brookdale Joliet Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
Emeritus at Joliet Courtyard is exactly what mom needed. There are always plenty of activities to participate in. They went above and beyond what mom needed and created activities to suit her. The ... read more
Brookdale Joliet Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
Get Pricing for
Questions? (888) 456-2736
Have a Care Advisor contact you about Brookdale Joliet Alzheimer's & Dementia Care.