Follow

I am relatively new to the forum and to caregiving, but I'm struck every time I come here with the love and effort so many are putting into their parents, their in-laws, their step-whatevers. What a testament to the kindness of humans that you all/we all care so much!

Just had to tell you...I think you're amazing for striving so hard to make life better for the person you care for. Thank you for your examples.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Welcome to the Forum
(1)

New here but not new to care giving.

im the backup caregiver to my mother, my father is her full time with help. My healthy father deserves a break, he deserves to go visit his grandchildren out of state.

we his three daughters take turns helping him so he can escape.

ask questions even if you think they are silly.

always remember the #1 rule of care giving, care for yourself mentally and physically.
(1)

Welcome!
(0)

Dear "SeniorStruggles,"

Welcome to the AgingCare forum and I'm glad you are finding examples of caregivers/caregiving that are encouraging to you as you find your way through what I consider to often be like going through a maze!

Also, I echo "97yroldmom's" sentiments.

So thank you on behalf of all the caregivers on this forum who give so much of themselves as well as their lives for their aging loved ones.

May God guide you as you begin your own personal caregiving journey!
(1)

You know SeniorStruggles, your post would live longer on the discussion portion of Agingcare, rather than the question portion but I just want to agee with you. We are all pretty good examples of human beings and we do care.

Most of the people who post are looking for answers on how to cope with caring for loved ones. Sometimes they are living with them. Sometimes they are in facilities. Sometimes they are supporting them in living independently but they are involved in some form or another in caring for our elders. There is a lot of good in that alone to be reflected upon. It is inspiring.

So thank you for acknowledging that and allowing me to remind us that although we may have seen the same question over and over, people are in every stage of caregiving when they find this site.

While it may be old news to seasoned caregivers, there are many who are struggling with the first steps and have no idea that their question has been asked and answered many times before.

We are all in this “human condition” together and while our problems seem unique, just as we go through the terrible twos, we also go through pretty much the same issues with being caregivers to our elders.

I am glad you posted and reminded us that we are all part of the population that cares about not only our personal loved ones but the aging segment of the world.
I am glad you find this site helpful.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter