Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
And it could even be mine.
(2)

I am living for the next hospital stay!
(2)

... or you build a big, tall picket fence and a moat around your heart :D
(3)

Your heart gets bigger XOXOXO
(1)

Susan, I tried to watch The Wire - shows how long ago it was that I took much interest in contemporary cutting edge t.v. - the year I moved in with my mother before we moved here. She couldn't keep up with the dialogue. Just as well, really, but because she insisted on my explaining every scene it wasn't long 'til I gave up.

Gospel, it's not a bad thing to say but it only half works! - you spend nearly as much time blatting back and forth to the hospital as you do caregiving at home, don't you find?
(1)

Gospel, I know what you mean! All the times mom and dad went to the hospital, and spent several days, I enjoyed the peace and quiet of the house. Like you, I felt guilty about feeling that way. Worse, when you keep hoping that the hospital will keep them just one more day.
(2)

You breathe a sigh of relief when they have to go into the hospital because it means you have a little peace and quiet in the house for a little while. (Is that a bad thing to say? )
(2)

I Love Lucy....what a Godsend :) Oh, and Glen Miller, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin. and ELVIS!! :)
(0)

You know you are a caregiver when you start using reverse psychology on EVERYONE ;)
(2)

(Don't get me wrong - I love all those shows she watches, but just once, I'd like to watch what I like too!)
(1)

You know you are a caregiver when....

You record every single program that YOU like, so that your loved one can watch I Love Lucy, Blue Bloods, Little House on the Prairie and the Waltons all day - and you watch your recorded programs at night in your room.
(2)

Ah! I didn't see this was already established..I had the same idea and wondered why mine was lonely on the board!!

You know you are a caregiver if.....you want everyone in the world to have to personally care for an ALZ patient so that awareness is raised to the utmost urgency.
(2)

HaHa, I sometimes drop the F bomb when dealing with my mother's bowel problems, I can not imagine having to deal with it for a living. It maybe was unprofessional, but those aides are only human.
(1)

Panapal, it's a true story and the rehab place was actually very good. This poor lady obviously was having a bad day. I'd guess if you or I worked in on of these places 40 or more hours per week for the low pay these folks get we'd be dropping the occasional F Bomb ourselves .
(0)

Panapal, my Mom's hearing aids squeal when they are not in correctly. She has custom molds that go into the ear because her ear canals have narrowed so much. The regular plastic/rubber tips do not work for her because they will not go in far enough, so they always squeal and she cannot hear a thing unless the hearing aid is in all the way.
(1)

Windy, that sounds like what happened when my dad came down with C-Diff in the nursing home...which causes unbelievably bad-smelling BM's. One CNA came running out of the room, right in front of mom and I (waiting in the hall for dad to be cleaned up), laughing out loud, making fake gagging noises and saying, "Oh my GOD, that's SO bad!" I can't imagine how humiliated my dad was...I know I was FURIOUS.
(1)

Windy if my Moms rehab was that unprofessional she wouldnt be there to begin with. Yelling anything around people with dementia issues always makes matters worse. I know this is suppose to be funny and I hope you're jok'in darl'in.
(0)

When you're at moms rehab joint and you hear a huge groan of relief from down the hall, a horrible splashing sound, and a staff member sticks her head out of a room and yells, "We need a mop and some towels down here like right f....ing now!!"
(1)

Posted similar elsewhere but here it is: when your shopping cart has 2 kinds of depends, big jar of Vaseline, ex lg tub of butt wipes, crappy micro food junk that old folks must have, and quart of cheap vodka. Aka, caregiver nerve tonic.
(3)

Glad I dont think I expressed that very well after a reread. i was referring to knowing what volume is good for Moms hearing aid by the squeling sound but dont get a chance to often to put on the ear plugs and listen to music for fear I will not hear what she is up to. She's a rascal some times.
(1)

Hearing aid adjustment on your tablet/phone?! Never would have known or thought about that! Better check into it before the remote goes missing.

We sure learn from each other.
(1)

When you find bread slices in the napkin holder and put it in the compost container without thinking "what an odd place to find bread."

When you can pegged the seat belt slot from outside the car in one smooth motion and hit it every time.

When you can adjust volume by feedback (hearing aids) and forget where the adjustment is on your Android.

We are a talented bunch here, arent we? : |
(3)

Recognizing that the care will soon become more than you can deal with. Now your biggest worry is how to get your life back:(
(3)

When the first emails you read are from Aging Care
(8)

When you constantly feel guilty that you aren't doing enough and are always tired.
(4)

A middle-aged lady is going for a walk on Valentine's Day and comes across a talking toad. The toad says to her "kiss me and I'll turn into a prince." The lady picks up the toad, puts it in her pocket, and continues walking. After a few minutes the toad asks her "well, aren't you going to kiss me?" The lady responds "no, at my age I'd rather have a talking toad."
(1)

You are expert at denture care when you have all your own teeth!
(4)

Exactly right dee!!! AMEN!
(0)

You can fall asleep in the recliner right after drinking 2 huge mugs of dark roast sumatra coffee.
(3)

... You are trying to figure out how you'll find time for those new yoga exercises to reduce your stress. Grrrr.
(6)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter