Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
5 6 7 8 9
Veronica-
Did that really happen? Dad taking something outside so he could see the price on it?!

Loved the lobster bib one too! Hamburger in a seafood restaurant? There should be a law against that!
(4)

You take some of your parents' old things to the Salvation Army and you stop to shop the clothes rack for something new for yourself. :'(
(7)

You know the daily lineup for GSN..
(5)

You know your a caregiver when you can't remember what day it is.
(6)

You know you're a caregiver when one of your goals in life is discovering the source of the offensive odors.
(11)

You got up at 5am and consider that "sleeping in"..
(1)

when you can't even enjoy the New Year Eve or your own Birthday!!!
(2)

When you say Happy New Year and she says Who just died?
(2)

When the funeral director sends Mom a birthday card. That one really did happen!
(2)

You know you are a caregiver when you don't see the point in making New Year
resolutions
(3)

You know you are a caregiver when you resolve to get your hair cut more than once this year
(9)

Veronica, my mom was in the same place yesterday, asking who died...
Strange how the brain works, wonder how often there are commonalities like this? BIZARRE!
(1)

you try to find President Eisenhower's speech on the television.
(3)

Or you can remember that speech verbatim, but have no idea where you put the car keys.
(3)

when you fall asleep at 9:30 pm on News years Eve.zzzzzzzz
(7)

When you are disappointed the results of the UA show no infection: if it had you can attribute the recent behavior changes to something other than the decline caused by the disease.
(7)

Napkins!!!!!!! On the table, under the table, under the pillows, in her coat pockets, on her nightstand, on her side table, in her purse .......napkins napkins everywhere!!!
(6)

Cat, I almost hate to tell you, but you are missing out if you don't have a couple of rolls of t.p. In each room with the associated trash that rarely finds a trash basket.
(3)

Yes, what is this thing about throwing trash and everything else on the floor?!
(2)

You check her purse for stolen condiments before you leave the restaurant.
(4)

You ask the caregivers in memory care if another resident is missing a stuffed siamese cat your mother has in her apartment. I visit 2-3 times a week, but has my mother become a kleptomaniac? There is something new every time I visit.
(5)

Your Mom doesn't know where she is or what day it is but tells you how much she loves you everyday. Always a mom...
(6)

Micheledesocio----that is so my momma!
(1)

When you find one bite out of every cookie, you find in every pocket, along with the neat folded napkin that surrounds it, and she says, "I did not put that there" and "for what?" and means it...
(2)

Klepto, you bet...
when she was not diagnosed yet,
I would find my (upstairs) corning ware in her (downstairs) apartment complete with the glass lids.
(1)

you know you are a caregiver...
.....when she kisses you like a long lost lover on both sides of your cheeks and says, "I'd be so lost without you", and you say, "Yes I know".

...or when they say "I'll never forget how good you are, you take such good care of me", isn't what you hear when you are trying to shower or wash her hair...

Happy New Year!
(4)

You know you are a caregiver when Mom runs the bath and calls you to say it's time for your bath
(4)

It's 20 degrees outside and you're dressed in shorts.
(2)

Or it is 80 degrees inside and you cannot cool down!

Why is it these old folks are such cold folks?!
(2)

You know you are a caregiver when Mom makes change from the offering plate at church
(1)

5 6 7 8 9
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter