Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
4 5 6 7 8
You know you are a caregiver when you look in the mirror, at your wits end and worry if your hubbie wonders what happened to the girl he married.
(1)

You know your'e a caregiver if you are sitting in the dentists chair being drilled, and you appreciate the time off and the rest.
(9)

You know you're a caregiver if you've had to give them a shower after you just gave them a shower because they poo'd themselves before they were helped out of the shower.
(6)

You know you are a caregiver when for the umpteenth time you're told through doll-eyes "I like your shirt" and you know they're just intrigued by the pattern...
(1)

You know you're a caregiver when the 69 yo is having a legitimate argument with the three year old over who is going to put something in the trash.
(4)

You know you're a caregiver when...

you get tired of being creative and go to the tried and true... "Because I said so".
you sleep with a baby monitor next to your bed, and there isn't a baby in the house.
you spend more time researching ways to help your loved one than you spend just "surfing" the web.
you don't think twice about cleaning up trashcans filled with poo because your loved one thought they were sitting on the toilet.

But my personal best...

You know you're a caregiver when your mom smiles at you beatifically and says, "I love you, sweetie"... and you know that somewhere, deep inside that lost soul is the person who really does love you.

Have a GREAT New Year!
(10)

when you have to set up their meds every morning and evening and hope they don't argue with you whether they already took them or not...
(3)

But my personal best...
You know you're a caregiver when your mom smiles at you beatifically and says, "I love you, sweetie"... and you know that somewhere, deep inside that lost soul is the person who really does love you.

OUTSTANDING!
(5)

You know you are a caregiver if the mailman asks you if dad has taken his pills before he hands over the mail
(3)

You know you are a caregiver when the plumber hands you a dozen pairs of underwear after he had unblocked the toilet.
(4)

You know you are a caregiver when you have two weeks off from work for Christmas vacation and you would rather be back at work to escape reality.
(5)

You know you are a caregiver when the manager of the grocery store asks you not to bring mom in again. "She's locked the butcher in the cooler" You explain he's her nephew and she thinks he should not be playing with sharp knives
(7)

You feel more like a drill seargent than a daughter
You should own stock in Lysol Wipes.
You keep anyone with a cough/runny nose 100 feet away at all times.
(3)

Someone took a pee on the cat box..and it was not a cat.
(6)

You say it's 6 at night not 6 in the morning every day in the Winter!!
(3)

When You start ALSO Forgetting what you had for Breakfast
(4)

Before going out you are putting diaper on your loved one and the idea is sounding good for yourself!!
(5)

When your person your looking after asks to count the number of Medications they have left for the month (and believe me they hide them) , just so they will make you take them To Wal-Mart one more time that Month out of the normal .. Its Crazy some of the Things they pull to get your attention.
(4)

You can be called every name in the book (except your own) and still keep a smile on your face when they brush all the crumbs off your table onto the floor.
(3)

When siblings think you think you have time to cook for them when they visit once a week...during dinner time, like when pigs fly!
(5)

You know you are a caregiver when grandpa tells you to call the plumber - there is poop coming out of the walls
(3)

You Know you are a caregiver when you walk into the room, and your charge says... "Who the hell are you??" and your answer is...... " I have no idea"...
(9)

You know you are a caregiver when all the loose covers on your chairs are plastic
(2)

You know you are a caregiver when you take Mom to lunch at a seafood place and ask the waitress for a lobster bib when Mom orders a burger and fries.
(4)

You know you are a caregiver when you have to pee in the mens room because hubby may go AWOL if you use the ladies
(5)

you know you are a caregiver when the PA calls for you to pick up your father from the managers office and you hear him yelling in the background. "You can't arrest me I only took it outside to see the price"
(3)

You know you are a caregiver when you stitch Mom's name and address into all her clothes
(3)

You know you are a caregiver when you give Mom monopoly money to put in her purse
(6)

You know you are a caregiver when you have to tell the NH shop to stop letting Mom run a tab and charge it to you
(3)

I KNOW I AM ONE of MANY ~ Because this Discussion can go on FOREVER..
Smiles and Hugs to All
(4)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter