Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
3 4 5 6 7
Lipstick? "Barely" ironed? Blimey, Book, aren't you the glamour puss! Must dash - just off to town sporting my signature Lady Macbeth look...
(1)

You know your a caregiver, if you are the only person worried about the decline (from Thanksgiving visits spaced too closely) of your 86 year old.
(3)

...... if your knees are hurting so bad you can't think straight..... are putting analgesic cream on and realize it's your cats hairball medicine.....
(4)

You know you are a caregiver if you borrow your daughter diaper bag to take Mom to church
(5)

You know you are a (new) caregiver if you throw your coat over the ten packets of depends as you rush your grocery cart out of the store.
(6)

You know you are a caregiver when your grandson runs up to you and says "Mommy grandpa is wearing my pullups again.
(3)

LadeeM, you got me good! Diaper cream?! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!
(1)

Book, I too have been guilty of mismatched shoes, but wasn't sacrificing then!1
(2)

yes folks, for those of you that do not know, caregiving auto corrects to sacrificing on my tablet. And actually I do love that. Have to be careful to check before I hit submit though.
(4)

You know you're a caregiver when...

You finally get the chance to go out to dinner and find you've cut up your companions dinner for them while visiting...

You get 5 minutes of peace and quiet and you don't have enough energy to enjoy it...

Your wardrobe becomes sweats and tennis shoes instead of dress slacks, frilly blouses, and heels...

You tend to become bossy...

You are lost after your loved one dies and you no longer have any purpose because they were your entire focus...

Cleaning up puppy puddles is no longer gross...

Have a GREAT day!
(9)

Glad - the Freudian autocorrect, is that? x
(3)

YOU know you are a caregiver...when you finally have a few hours to yourself and you go into your purse and cannot find your bus card but see the old and new one version of your caree's.
(3)

Realizing you re no longer in the "terrible twos stage" and no longer get to use the word "NO"!
(2)

Book, I showed up at moms last dr appt in my house slippers! Mom looked good and I barely got a comb thru my hair, and out the door.....as I am checking us in I notice my feet! hahahaha
(5)

Love it! Caregiving and sacrificing mmm...
don't see anything wrong with your sp checker!!
(1)

You have boxes of baby wipes in your Kmart cart and someone congratulates you. You give this blank look and they point at the wipes. Ohhhhhh myyyyyy. My mind goes blank and then I glance at my slightly bulging tummy. Awkward!!!!
(10)

When you find out when you get home that you went to walgreens, walmart and the grocery store with your shirt inside out.
You go to walmart and walgreens looking for a specific kind of Poise pads.
You are pouring your first cup of coffee in the morning and realize you forgot to put the filter in. Yuck!!! This all happened today!!!!!!!!!!!!
(6)

You are juggling caregiving with working, taking care of your own home, yard while hubby just works, expecting the world laid at his feet because he works. Booo to that mentality!!
(3)

You know you are a caregiver when you are stopped for speeding by a very young officer and he suddenly turns green and waves you on your way. You look in your mirror an see mom is playing with her false teeth
(10)

You know you are a caregiver when Dad reminds you to be sure and put up the black our curtains tonight
(6)

You know you're a caregiver when ALL of your conversations pertain to the activities of your ward/charge...

:)
(7)

if you are making Christmas cookies at 230 AM, for their Christmas party tomorrow...
(2)

You know you are a caregiver if all the chocolates in the box have one bite taken out of them
(1)

You say "I'm right here" a zillion times a day!!
(7)

..... when you are out and about and people blink really fast and back up because you are shouting.
(1)

You send gifts, purchase flowers, and serve food that is not the least bit different that what they have seen or tasted all their lives.

Goofed and sent a rose poinsettia to an oldie in a nursing home. She called to complain about the florist sending out a plant that was obviously on it's last legs. There must be something wrong with it since it doesn't look like a traditional poinsettia!

Very customer oriented florist, they are sending out a traditional type Christmas arrangement today. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with the plant! LOL!
(2)

You decide to actually wrap lumps of coal for dysfunctional family members.
(7)

you take some items for the trash outside immediately knowing that if you don't the item may end up in a drawer or fridge or mouth. EEEWWW!
(4)

You once again, follow them around for three hours waiting for the specimen to make it's appearance. Then when it finally comes you hug the day program caregiver because you are so grateful, even for a little bit of help!
(1)

You only use non-toxic household cleaners, but you'll make an exception for Febreze.
(4)

3 4 5 6 7
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter