Follow

I am not going to let this define me.

If you had a wonderful parent, God bless you.

Not all of us did.

From my reading, constantly, you try to make sense of what is going on.

Alzheimers doesn’t quite seem to fit....but close.

Hallucinations, tremors, falling, excessive daytime sleeping, poor mobility and gait for years......

Not exactly dementia, but failing cognitive over time.

Lewy Body Dementia????

Also mimics Parkinsons.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I do feel for you. I can relate. Mine have every symptom you can imagine and it disrupts every day with some kind of drama, however, after numerous and repeated medical tests and visits to experts.....they are fairly healthy, though this is troubling news to them. No real problems....so, I get how you are struggling, with a person who really does have health issues. Do they have a diagnosis? Have they been evaluated for mental health problem? That’s what mine have. It can be very challenging for adult children caregivers. Hang in there.
(0)

Yes we can spend way too much time dwelling on issues. You are correct.
(0)

"Lewy Body Dementia???" Has your parent been evaluated by an MD ? Tests administered to determine if it's LBD or AD and/or Parkinsons?
(1)

My bro had Lewy's, A. It sure does SOUND like it from what you say. I would say that his hallucinations were not like Parkinsonian though. VERY different. He would get tremors that would take even his feet, a sort of tapping, and while that was happening swallowing would be almost impossible until it passes. Any patterns like say a fancy hotel carpet that had swirls, or marble in a bathroom could set off a visual floaty hallucination. Also he would have nighttime one where he would see actual things like a garden party where he could describe the haircut, shorts, etc. He found them "interesting". For Parkinsons they are often of a more paranoid nature I am told. There were balance problems. I will say that the docs were good at diagnosing him just by our descriptions, and thought a probable early Lewy's. Would have some short term memory issues but often remembered better than me. Have you had any diagnostic workups?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter