Follow

Hello Everyone. I buried my mother this morning after several years of declining health. Thank you all for your kind words over the years.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
It will change, eventually, but give yourself time to mourn and let your feelings evolve as you move through life. My personal feeling is that grief should never be rushed; we all grieve at different levels and for different periods.

And I am so sorry for your loss.
(2)

Sending thoughts and prayers your way and blessings on your Mom. Yes, the sadness goes away --- especially when you look in the mirror and remember that you did the best you could to make her comfortable and have her well cared for! We all know that we are only on this earth for a limited time. For some who die young, it isn't nearly long enough. For those of us who are blessed to have someone live a good long life we have the advantage of having more time with that person and the sadness of losing them.
My Mom passed 4 years ago at 98, my MIL just passed at 100, my aunt made it to 101. Mixed blessings of the loss after getting to know each of them in a different way. Take time to grieve. And as the song says, 'there is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to laugh and a time to weep, a time to dance and a time to mourn. You will hit all of this over the next year. You will NEVER forget her but she wants you to move on and restore your life. Good luck with all of it.
(1)

Good1Son,
I am so sorry you lost your dear Mother.I know you have given her your loving care for quite a while.She was so lucky to have you.
Take good care of yourself in the days ahead.
Many {{{hugs}}}, Lu
(2)

Dear Good1son,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your beloved mom. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself, these are early days.

Its been almost 10 months since my father passed. The sadness is still there but its less intense then before. It takes the mind and body a long time to adjust to the reality of our loss. Part of me still doesn't want to believe my father has passed. I want to be that person that still had a parent at 70 or even 80, but I know that is not realistic.

Take care of yourself. Thinking of you. Sending all my thoughts and prayers.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter