Follow

Had her on morphine and 2 other narcotics. I cut it back as it seemed like too much. The nurse they sent had my daughter's say extra drugs were for anxiety, she never woke up. Every 4hrs she was administered drugs then every 3hrs then every hr. The hospital said it could be weeks. Hospice made her unconscious. I asked nurses if they could change meds. She said the doctor said no. She went in a sleep-state. No water or food 8days before she passed I think with her being week because radiation was so strong that hospice pushes her sooner. She could talk at first when hospice drugged her, she didn't respond. I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining about anxiety drugs.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved wife.

I’m sorry you didn’t get to talk to her more, but she died peacefully, which is what we all want. She knew she was loved, and that’s important. Plus, what more is there to say? Better to exit quietly and with no pain.

That’s exactly the way I’d want to go if I were in that situation.
(5)

No food is one thing; we can live a long time, more than a month without it.
But if no fluids were given for 8 days, then death was imminent for certain. And if a hospital "guessed" she "could have" several weeks knowing she had zero fluid intakes they were quite simply wrong.

We can not go much longer than 7 days without some minimal fluids in normal circumstances.

If no food or fluid was available the major organs would begin to shut down. This period causes extreme anxiety and confusion as the electrolytes plummet. There is picking, distress, lack of recognition, other very distressing symptoms.

Your wife was dying and then she did die, and apparently without pain.
May I ask if your wife had pain and anxiety or restlessness when she was conscious? Because hospice is end of life care, and patients are not kept awake when they have pain. The mission of Hospice is to relieve pain and distress, discomfort, restlessness, knowing that death is imminent.

You will have access now to ongoing Hospice support. Ask them your questions and voice to them your concern. Ask for spiritual counseling if you are a believer. Ask for grief support access.

I am so very sorry for your loss and for your grief. I am thankful your wife did not have to suffer pain at the end of her life.
(3)

Reporting to admin for oversight and for the removal of private information.

Liveon, I am sorry for your profound loss.
(2)

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Admins, please remove personal info.
(2)

Was she having trouble breathing? Before they put her on morphine?

I’m sorry your wife died.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter