Follow

If you could have dinner with anyone you wanted; who would you pick? They can be alive or dead? A friend asked me this question a few days ago and I thought...really who would I pick?! My first choice is my deceased dad, but if not available (LOL) then George Burns. Now that my dad is gone, I have found that I have questions that only he can answer. So I would love to eat a meal together and talk. I pick George Burns because I just adored him. He always provided a weird comfort when I would watch him on TV when I was a kid and I always thought he was funny! So who would you pick?
I just thought this would be fun and interesting. Now play nicely!)

Didn't know what topic to put this under!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
If you could pick when this dinner occurred, past, present or future, what would you pick?

I am 64. Maybe I would go back to my 20’s. Hey, maybe even before I married! Hahaha 😂

That could make a big difference in the person I would be with. I am happily married but there is one guy that I walked out on that I never really ever forgot. He is still friends with mutual friends of mine. He still asks them how I am. They occasionally tell me about him and what he’s up to. He’s married now, he has three kids and a grandchild on the way.

A long time ago while dining out my husband and I ran into an old girlfriend of my husband’s. Her husband was with her. We shared a drink together afterwards. I knew this woman too because I was friends with her brother. Small world.

She proceeded to tell me that she wanted to marry my husband! Her husband and I looked at each other like ‘Why did she just say that to me?’ My husband did not know what to say. Her husband looked very upset.
(1)

Leonard Cohen and Barack Obama. Together.
(0)

I would pick either Marlowe, a dear friend from high school, or Jenean, my first Tae Kwan Do instructor who is also a good friend.
(0)

For me, this isn't political, just a very nice couple... it would be the Obamas.... I am sure I would be smiling and enjoying good laughs throughout dinner :)
(2)

Send,

Lealonnie wants to dine with God. I thought of Jesus too. Awesome choice! I believe in the Trinity so Jesus is a natural choice.

What about the apostles or other people that lived during biblical times?

If I could choose an apostle it would be John. I think it would be interesting to have a dinner conversation with Noah! Fascinated by the flood, the animals and his obedience to God. I admire him.

What about an angel? Oooooh, a divine creation of God. Would be incredibly interesting too! Or Eve, the first woman?
(2)

Picking e v e r y o n e here to be at the banquet table with Jesus and I when that day comes.
(4)

Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and Mae West.

It'd be a hoot.
(3)

Lealonnie,

I love your answer! I have questions too. Ever think about reincarnation? I do.

Oh, I know that in traditional Christianity we are not supposed to believe in reincarnation but there are times that I really want to live life over again! Hahaha 😂

I would do so many things totally different. So many people say that they wouldn’t change a thing. I would! How about you?

I’d want to be an only child! Hahaha
(0)

I would pick Robert Plant....he's the sexiest and most talented man I can think of, still at 71 years old....close behind is Paul McCartney.
(3)

Mark Twain. I'd love to hear what he'd have to say about how the world's gone since he left it.
(2)

I would pick my dad for sure but like Rbuser said I would attach myself to him so it couldn't end.
(2)

Isthisrealyreal that is so funny! I think I would have let people think I was George too if I was your grandfather. LOL
But who would you have dinner with Isthisrealyreal?

Dolly, I think David Bowie would be interesting. But he would have to sing to me one of my favorite song😜

Rbuser, I didn't think about how I would feel having to leave my dad again--that would be hard, but worth it! Sorry about you losing your dad:( My dad has been gone for 5 yrs and I still don't think I am done grieving him & I don't think I ever will! I am just so sorry for your pain😢

Margaret, meeting both on the same day might be a little much! LOL But great picks...maybe get some closer or something off your chest?!

Monica, To spend time with someone who can make you laugh would be a great day.

Cwilly, I can just imagine you picky Teepa Snow brain. The things you would learn:) WOW!!!

There are some great answers here.
(3)

Shell my maternal grandfather looked exactly like George Burns. Had the same snappy personality too.

People would stop him and ask for his autograph, I think he cost George some fans because he wouldn't sign but never corrected the assumption that he was George.
(2)

David Bowie, an unusual sole.
(3)

My Dad, but it would be tough because I wouldn't want it to end or I might want to leave with him. I had serious complicated grief when he passed. :(
(4)

My late mother, and my (also late) first husband - but not together!
(5)

Ricky Gervais. So much going on in my life right now that all I want to do is laugh for an hour or two. Ricky Gervais always makes me laugh, and he has an English accent, which is a bonus! As they say, laughter is the best medicine....
(5)

Lealonnie,

I would imagine Jesus would have dinner with you; however, I don't think He would answer all your questions.

See I didn't pick Him because I would be afraid that He would tell me something I wouldn't want to know!

But a very good pick!!😁
(2)

I'd love to have a meal and chat with Teepa Snow.
(2)

Could I pick God? Does He eat? If so, I will pick God because I have a lot of questions for Him. A LOT!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter