Follow

Did y’all see where the FDA sent out letters to seven companies to stop selling products that claim they can cure or treat the coronavirus?

One of them being the religious program with Jim Bakker. You would think that he would have learned not to try and scam people after going to jail! Geeeeeez.

Someone is always trying to make a quick buck the dishonest way. That’s bad enough but it’s truly disgraceful to claim to be a Christian while taking advantage of others vulnerability.

Didn’t Jim Bakker learn that his prosperity gospel preaching didn’t work before? He had a long time to think about it in jail. Claims he did learn and now he is back to his old tricks. What a shame!

It’s about preying on people’s fears. It’s about trying to control others. That isn’t compassion. That isn’t even leadership in faith. It’s disgraceful. They are bad examples. It’s not preaching faith at all.

They are relying on people’s stupidity by following blindly. Question everything! If it sounds to good to be true. It is.

Being gullible could cost someone their life, people need to seek legitimate medical treatment.

It’s great if people want to show faith in God through prayer but there is no way they should buy a product claiming to be a cure or treatment!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Learned of another scam tonight, but it's a different approach.  

Threats are made to people that the scammer/criminal/crook/scumbag already has Covid 19 and will infect the target's family/loved ones if the target doesn't fork over some money.

The kicker though is that the scammer wants the money in bit coins.    I suspect this kind of scammer won't be coming after me.    I don't have coins or dollar bills, let alone the sophisticated bit coins.  

I'm guessing these will be Internet based and targeted, like the ones of the alleged prisoner or whatever trapped in an African nation, wanting the e-mail target to hold his money for him, but on the condition that the target sends money first.

The report on this was from an FBI agent who indicated they're addressing  a LOT of scams arising from the pandemic crisis.
(0)

NHWM: It is shameful how some companies are taking advantage of a VERY scary time.
(0)

GA,

Yes, they are parasites. Prey on the vulnerable and what is available.
(1)

Freqflyer,

Good comeback! So true.
(0)

Something that I've seen over the last few years is how little some people are either willing or capable of analysis and making decisions for themselves.   Some fraudster or con artist creates a sales pitch, preys on the individual's vulnerability or gullibility, and exploits him/her.    That includes politicians.
(3)

A friend of mine tends to believe some medical email ads. I always tell him "if the product is that great, it would have made headline news".
(2)

That is exactly what it is. It’s so sad. Llama, seven companies doing this stuff. It’s a shame. They are trying to make a buck because people are fearful.
(2)

I know. It’s gullible people I guess or fear. I don’t know. It’s puzzling to me too.
(1)

Imho, during trying times like this, we're going to see the "false prophets" type of baseless claims coming out of the woodwork. It's important to not panic and take it for what it's worth=zero. Jim Bakker was an fraudster.
(3)

Who could possibly believe Jim Bakker - 10mins online would give one a wealth of info on this sleaze.
(2)

Yes, the Catholic Church had it’s corruption. I am Catholic but I would never support any church taking advantage of others. It’s disgusting. Makes me sick. There are corrupt people in all faiths. I hate it.

Sexual misconduct is in all faiths too. Horrible! Absolutely, horrible. There is no excusing it in any church. I had extensive training in this area when I taught school. I taught in an Episcopal school. We had to do extensive workshops on the topic. It is in every church, all denominations and non denominational churches.

Anyone doing anything that is hurtful to others, whether it is a scam or other crimes should be prosecuted and go to jail.

I believe in supporting our churches but I will not support anyone who is evil within a church.

There are many wonderful people and true Christians in all churches. I can’t accept the people who aren’t that way and use God to hurt others. That is despicable to me.

Well, I hope they are able to shut down the sale of these products claiming to heal or treat this virus. It’s awful to want to make a buck in a crisis.
(2)

So sick of scam artists!
(1)

People fall for the scams because they are scared witless.

Lots of atrocities have taken place in the guise of christianity, look at the dark ages and what the catholic church did to so many, heck even now hides the pedophilia from people and hiding the perps at the expense of children. Just shameful.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter