Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Roxanne627, wonder if it is something else and not the bra. Does she wear tops that have a zipper in the back? My Mom wears a lot of those type of tops.

Kathy11 has a good idea. Any time back gets itchy in one place, usually at the neck because of the tags [I usually cut them out], a good lotion works great :)
(0)

I vote for washing issues. Try washing a few bras out by hand and see if they still bother her.

Nurses at the facility my mother was in also suggested we use cornstarch instead of deodorant for underarms as well as under breasts to prevent chafing. It doesn't have all the chemicals deodorants have.
(1)

A few drops of tea tree oil in water before she washes it kills all fungus and bacteria should take care of the itch!
(0)

:a good moisturizing lotion and or some powder under her breasts and around the back. This time of year, we sweat and that can cause irritation and discomfort. Good luck.
(0)

Oh the phantom itch. Mom had that like crazy. She would scratch herself to point of having open sores. Turns out she needed a higher dose of anti-anxiety meds, but skin-picking is not what you are likely dealing with.

I vote for dry skin and maybe a new detergent sensitivity.
Try using the oatmeal body washes and oatmeal lotions too.

I'm going to guess that a boiler suit is what we would call "footy pajamas" here. The adult version of that is called a "Forever Lazy". You can google it.
(0)

lol My Dad doesn't wear bras, but we went through the same thing with socks.
(2)

Going to get my mum a big boiler suit and a bib thats all they need really! Oh and the boiler suit with the a** you can open it quickly and change her depends!!
(4)

Could it be her skin is dry, and the bras chafe. Maybe taking a vitamin E capsule would help. Also a non greasy lotion containing aloe and vitamin E worked for my Dad.
(2)

Roxanne all youve done is made me feel guilty i just couldnt have that kinda patience yes ditch the bra and get her a camisole lifes too short!
(0)

She would not go without a bra, so unfortunately, that wouldn't work....gosh, how I wish she would. I asked her this morning to show me where it's rubbing, and she pointed to a spot on her back that is a good inch above her bra!

Thank you so much for all of your support (no pun intended!). I am beginning to think that this is more about wanting "new things", which her budget just doesn't allow.
(4)

I had gone through this with my mother - every bra she tried on was never comfortable. She would complain about the discomfort and ended up not wearing a bra. So when I bought her tops; I found those that would be most flattering. I think a camisole as mentioned about might be a good idea. Hope you find something that works. Take care
(1)

Roxanne, you have my sympathy. I can't imagine sitting there while someone goes through that many changes of bras. You must have the patience of 20 people. :)
(4)

Does she really need to wear a bra at all?
(2)

Some of the problem is the new water-conserving washing machines. They neither clean nor rinse properly. So you run things through twice.
(4)

Get her a camisole and forget the bra. No patients at my mother's NH wear bras.
(5)

No tags! She uses Woolite and no fabric softener. Good suggestion. Maybe it's time to try new detergent. I'll try anything at this point. Thanks for the suggestion!
(0)

Maybe something as simple as changing the detergent and fabric softener she is using. I know for myself, I have to use the sensitive skin liquid detergent [white bottles], and the fragrant free softener sheets [white boxes]. And no bleach.

How about the tag on the bra?.... tags anywhere on clothing can makes one uncomfortable. And just one stray hair that has found its way into my clothing becomes annoying, some people can be very sensitive to things like that.

Good luck :)
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter