My father in law is currently living with his son and I. He is currently receiving social security and disability benefits. We heard that we can get paid for providing care for him, not only because he is living with us but because we also provide for him. We provide for him not only financially but emotionally as well. We take him to his Doctors/Dental visits as well as buying all his monthly supplies, like tooth paste, food and etc. I would like to know if any one can help by letting me know where do i apply for this type of help at?
Thanks In Advance!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
This is an excellent resource. Call them.
Area Agency On Aging
Community Action Agencies
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 868-1005

He receives social security and disability. Perhaps he can pay you. But, in order for that to happen you must first have a care agreement in place. Without it, he would be penalized if he has to go on Medicaid. In some states, Medicaid will pay a family caregiver a small amount. The program for veterans is called "Aid and Attendance". In order to be eligible he would have had to serve during wartime as defined by the VA.

Different states are different. In some states the state will pay you. Also you can apply for VA benefits if he is a veteran.

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter