Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
you are a saint and I think you need to blog, because I can relate to everything you are saying, and yes it is crazy nuts ridiculous, and that wish list you made I want too, you are a really cool person. I know this is probably nuts, and where will you find the time, and not very helpful, but you should write a book about your experiences. I enjoyed reading your rant :) I had a really bad day... sorry
(2)

I can relate and am only carrying half your load. Thanks for your honesty. Yesterday was a struggle for me. My Mom has advanced dementia and lives with me. She was totally "off her rocker" and I was very snarky. I didn't want to be mistaken all day for my dead aunt or unravel word salad. I appreciate your rant. Hang in there sister 🌹.
(2)

I so understand and so don't judge you..... Although my sister and mom have since passed away... I felt so many of the things you are feeling during the 5 years they were sick, ill, and eventually passed. the first weekend I didn't have to get in my car and begin my 600 mile round trip to see them in 2 different LTC, and Demenia locations..... after 3 years of trying to care for them in their homes.... working full time and spending my weekends caretaking..... I didn't know what to do with myself... I felt like a stranger in my own home.
Now... 2 years later... I realize what an amazing experience it all was. I am thankful for the time I spent doing it... although there was no appreciation on the other end, due to family history and dementia.... I came to realize, it was just the way it was meant to be.... Good luck and prayers to get you through your journey....
(1)

Hi. While my heart goes out to you, I love your story. You manage to find a little humor in all the chaos, still maintain your sanity, and fulfill Matthew 22:39 (having an acceptable god-oriented measure of love for self and others).
Your ability to articulate the drama surrounding your circumstances is extraordinary! Keep sharing your experiences with others who can both empathize and sympathize, or in a journal, or/and in prayer. Doing so, may just be a good way for you to carry on day to day. Take each day as it comes. As you continue to look for kindness you will find it-because he/she who is truly kind readily sees it in others. Keep your sense of humor.
If/when our days look a little more helter-skelter and weighs on you mentally, there's a remedy that can help us reboot. I like to pick something positive to ponder from the list of things to consider given in Bible book Philippians 4:8 (things that are chaste, lovable, well-spoken of, virtuous... )
Take care of yourself and recognize and respect your limitations.
Thank you for sharing your story.
(1)

Hugging you and ready to run - jog - walk or drag by tired body right along side of you :)
Good for you for purging!! You Aced step one!!
I see that there are many comments so hopefully there is good advice in them because I’m off to do meds - bath and changing and I will have to come back and gather suggestions alongside you for step 2!
Just know - you are not alone - every one of us has looked at that front door and had the vision of what it would be like to RUN out of it. For now I just wanted to say just that - “good for you” purge away! 💓
(1)

It is so hard. So.hard. Please, do something tomorrow to make yourself feel a moment's joy and then savor it as you need it. How can we live without joy or hope? I send you a big hug and please know I felt the same way today about wanting to give up. I acted in a way completely abnormal for me because it is just so taxing. Please, anyone reading this who has strength to give a caretaker a break, help them. We all need it dearly.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter