Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thanks Mid. I have had you in my mind often these days. You have shown great strength with your cancer treatments. The fact that you can often add humor to posts amongst all you have going on is a real tribute to your character.

Oddly enough I believe the first time I heard the lemonade quote was from a 9/11 widow. I lived in NY then so everything felt very raw for a long time. Several people from my town were victims and it seemed as though everyone had a story closely related.to someone.

I'm just watching some serious TV to get my mind off my plight. I appreciate your post. Hope your MIL situation finds some solution without any more stress to you.
(3)

I think that lemonade saying is one of the dumbest things ever said. If you are upset and tired and sick and frustrated and DONE...WTH would you want to make lemonade out of that? Lemonade, BTW is bitter and sour...so maybe that saying is true!

Make hot chocolate!!

When I am really overwhelmed I make a list as long and as ornery and I want and as mean and hateful as I feel. Then I either burn it or keep it for a while. But it does get destroyed when I no longer have all those negative feels. It's not healthy to 'stuff' the anger and pain inside.

One thing for sure, nothing stays the same forever.

You hang tough, Waiting on the DX is worse than anything. I can handle anything if I KNOW. the "not knowing" is the worst. Hopefully you can get your jaw fixed and healed and back to better health.

Another saying I hate "This too shall pass". Of COURSE it will--and something more yucky may come down the pike. I guess the only saying that doesn't make ne nuts is "It is what it is" because, well, it is what it is.

I will add you to my prayers. Those I believe in, I hope you get answers to your jaw issues and they are not awful. That you will have strength to go through it all.

{{HUGS}}
(7)

This is why they say aging isn't for sissies.
((((hugs))))
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter