Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
cwille,

Are there any pretty parts at all? If there are maybe you could frame that one section of the quilt. Or sew into a tote bag? Line it with a coordinating fabric.

Yeah, some things tug on our heartstrings. My grandmother that I did not know, daddy's mom made quilts from scraps too. They were a poor family. They weren't pretty quilts but they were made very well. Daddy said that it was a group of ladies that worked together as a team, a quilting bee. I used to love seeing those quilts as a child and I knew they were special to daddy. Sadly, they were destroyed along with everything else in mom's house due to Hurricane Katrina.
(0)

Cutting it into smaller sections is an interesting idea, the odd pattern isn't quite as overwhelming that way 🤔
(1)

Sew on patches of a coordinating pattern but in the colors you like better. Cover only part of it.

Or, cover one side only with a new fabric, and place the old side quilt face down.

But only if you are going to use it. Otherwise, donate the quilt, and make yourself a new one.
(1)

My dH gave me some small paper butterflies for Valentine's Day.
I think they are for making greeting cards. I would like to make my own greeting cards.
(1)

I enjoy creating assorted greeting cards and doing calligraphy. It's a wonderful and creative escape for me. I have even displayed and sold some of my cards at vendor fairs. I get many compliments on my cards and they have lifted the spirits of many friends, family and acquaintances.
(1)

Trish,

I have always wanted to learn calligraphy. It's so beautiful. Is it hard to learn? Do you find it is becoming a lost art in the day of computerized everything? There is something so special about something handmade, right? What could be more personal than a handwritten note, card, letter, invitation, announcement, etc. Have you sold any of your writings? You should.

I wish I had paid someone like you to address my wedding invitations. With all of my handwriting drills that were forced on us in my Catholic school by the strict nuns, I never had beautiful penmanship. My mother who had the same order of nuns had beautiful penmanship, so did my aunt. My father had crappy handwriting. I guess I took after him. I always thought it was funny how most doctors have crappy handwriting.
(0)

Enjoying your favorite hobbies is a great stress reliever and an excellent way to get your creative juices flowing! Very self-fulfilling!!
(1)

I took care of my mother who passed on and now my sister. I found the best rest is quiet time to read or pray...away from it all. Schedule time every day to relax and re-energize makes you a better care giver. Also reminding myself the patient is behavior is due to the disease.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter