Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
No crouton's Send. What the? I was robbed.🤨
(2)

Send,

What do you eat now that you never in a million years would have imagined eating?

I would have to say sushi 🍣 ! I would have never dreamed that sushi would be a popular food choice and that I would be eating it and loving it!
(0)

Amaranth.
(1)

Send,

You have me giggling with your crouton description! LOL
😂

I think I have had barley in certain soups before.
(1)

Barley and Buckwheat.
(1)

Llama,

Yeah, things aren’t as organized as they should be concerning vaccines.

I hope all of your family and extended family are able to get it soon.
(0)

Need: That's great that your friend is a pharmacist. Even the medical professional in our family was having trouble getting his parents vaccinated - his dad, physically ill and his mother with Alzheimer's. I had heard that they make you wait before you leave in case you have a reaction.
(1)

A crouton is a piece of sautéed or rebaked bread, often cubed and seasoned. Croutons are used to add texture and flavor to salads—notably the Caesar salad—as an accompaniment to soups and stews, or eaten as a snack food. Wikipedia

Gershun,
Were there croutons in your Caesar Salad? 🌾

No worries, if you did not eat them, you can have them for breakfast, with milk, honey, maple syrup and brown sugar. Bread-croutons-grains. Lol.

I make my chocolate chip cookies with flour-a grain. ROFLOL
(2)

A Chicken ceasar salad and two chocolate chip cookies. No grains of any kind. No grits. 😐
(3)

😂
(2)

Farina.
(2)

Tri-tip roast, yam, salad.

Blueberry pie for dessert.

Fun shopping Instacart, at 8 p.m., arrived by 9:30 p.m. Fastest delivery yet.
Sprouts sells 1/2 fresh blueberry pie, and is open until 10 p.m.
(2)

Llama,

For what it’s worth, my friend, a pharmacist who gave the vaccine to me earlier told me that the reactions to vaccines have been very mild.

I had to fill out a short form. Once they have your information, you are then called to get your shot.

They asked me to hang out for 15 minutes before leaving. I have not had any reaction, hopefully it will stay that way.
(1)

Need: Thank you. We do, too, but we're 74 and 70 with no underlying health issues. Yes, people should definitely get the vaccine.
(1)

That’s great, Llama. I hope you get it very soon.

I hope most everyone else will be sensible enough to get it as well.

The more people who get it, the better for all of us!
(1)

NeedHelpWithMom: That's great that you got your vaccine! My DH are both in the 1c category and are in the que. They are presently in 1a.
(1)

EB,

What other grains do you cook? I have only cooked bulgar a few times but I like it.

Same with quinoa. I like that too. I need to cook it more.
(0)

We grabbed a meal (burgers) from a restaurant to take out after leaving the pharmacy.

I am so glad that I got my first COVID-19 shot!

I have been saying thanks to Jesus, Mary, Joseph, all the angels and saints (My Catholic upbringing) for having a friend who is a pharmacist that was able to give my husband and I the vaccine.

We got the Moderna one. Next shot scheduled in a month.

It’s a bit unorganized here in Louisiana.

Only 70 and up are scheduled for the vaccines.
We are 65.

People are signing up on different lists.

They don’t bother to call and cancel on the other lists.

My friend is not going to throw vaccines away so she calls her friends, neighbors, etc to see who wants a vaccine.

I am extremely grateful that she called us!
(3)

Chicken and dumplings, salad. German chocolate pecan pie
(3)

Dinner tonight
Veggie dog on a roll with baked beans, frosted oatmeal raisin cookie,
blueberry tea.
(2)

EB,

Bob’s has good products.

My daughter has tried the soaking recipes for oats. She likes them.

I cook mine. I grew up with Quaker Oats. Bobs is so much better!
(1)

NeedHelp, I love Bob's Red Mill products too. I get organic buckwheat pancake and waffle mix, steel cut oatmeal add frozen wild blueberries, delicious with VT pure maple syrup and unsalted butter. I also buy Bob's almond flour, so delicate. I love steel cut oatmeal or regular with bananas, maple syrup or brown sugar, chopped pecans or pistachios with a light cream and butter. Yummy. I would like to try soaking the oats overnight, and serve it warm or cold. I might try adding peanut butter.
(1)

cwille,

I live in New Orleans and we eat grits on a regular basis here!

No one puts that much butter in them. Just a tablespoon or so!
(1)

i’ve never used that much butter in grits. A couple of teaspoons at most. Cheese may be a half cup shredded.
(2)

Stir fry?
(1)

I've got some ground beef, cabbage slaw mix + extra veggies on the stove but I can't decide which direction to go with it, cabbage roll casserole or crack slaw?
(1)

Sendhelp, Needhelpwithmom, I’ve never even had grits before, lol.
(2)

Elaine,
I just read a recipe where you could make GRITS in an Instapot.

Luckylu,
Every time you mention Cream of Wheat, it reminds me. I love it!
(2)

This topic is interesting to me because my Mil was hungarian and made really good Hungarian Goulash with Hominy Grits. Big fat kernels of corn, in white corn or yellow corn. It can be found in cans in the mexican food section of markets.
Tomato sauce, hamburger. Cheese on top.

Apparently, Hominy Grits can be ground to make grits. Maybe, if using the canned variety, (already soft), mashing them like mashed potatoes would turn out a coarse grit breakfast cereal. I could be wrong.
(1)

I've been reading recipes for gits and they almost all include cups of butter and/or pounds of cheese, no wonder you like them so much!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter