BoniChak Posted February 2014

What's for dinner?

Follow

Sorry to say, but this site has been so depressing for a few days. I thought I'd ask an average, everyday question....to make us all feel a little more normal today.

I made Eggplant Lasagna, and my BIL and SIL are coming for dinner. They leave for Cali tomorrow to see their beautiful grand daughter.

Sorry, sometimes we just need some REGULAR conversation.......or at least THIS caregiver does.

Comments

Show:
3 5 7
SueC1957 Jul 6, 2018
Sorry for your mess Send. That's why I gave away my waffle maker. They never came out like the ones at the hotels that serve a partial breakfast. (Those always come out perfect.)

I tried different brands of pancake/waffle mix and Bisquick but no go. I blame it on the waffle iron (even though it was new).

IMO, the frozen Belgian (deep) waffles are better than the thin ones (more butter and syrup to hide in the grooves- hee hee. ) $2.00 for 6 on sale. Now, they even have cinnamon and spice flavor too. I feel a carb attack coming on.......time for a cookie! ;)
(2)

luckylu Jul 6, 2018
Cwillie...Your'e salad does sound yummy~It is a perk to only cook for 1, yourself sometimes.You can create and make and eat whatever you feel like,only have to think of your own tastebuds and no one complaining about what's served.
(1)

cwillie Jul 6, 2018
I made a big salad with lots of veggies, croutons, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries and poppy seed dressing. Yum.
Dessert was strawberries with real whipped cream. Double yum.
(but after reading the previous posts I'm kinda wishing I had a waffle to put under those berries and cream)
(5)

Countrymouse Jul 6, 2018
Send - biological laundry detergent. Mix up some with a couple of tablespoonfuls of water, apply, leave until you can be bothered to come back to it. It'll see off anything edible like nobody's business.

Peg Bracken reckoned the best way to clean a waffle iron was to have pancakes instead.
(2)

Sendhelp Jul 6, 2018
Do NOT try this at home. I think I cooked for the last time tonight. Trader Joes Coconut Pancake Mix in the waffle maker. That was really a hot mess, will be stuck on there, uncooked, forever! Thinking of throwing the waffle maker out, used two years ago.
(3)

luckylu Jul 6, 2018
MsMadge...Are ya taking it to the motel room with you?....And when do you let the peaches outta the bag?
(1)

MsMadge Jul 6, 2018
I'm at fav family diner for ribs and a gallon of iced tea

Hey Sue
I heard someone mention a restaurant in your downtown area named Mole - supposedly very good mole
(2)

Sendhelp Jul 5, 2018
Sue,
I have a waffle-maker, so we might have fresh made tonight. Thanks for the idea! I once heard that if home-made, there are much fewer calories and carbs, especially if you add blueberries, an antioxidant, and so healthy for you!
Where is that? Where'd I put it?
(3)

SueC1957 Jul 5, 2018
Pffff, (sigh)
Hubby is on a diet which means WE are on a diet. Tonight was a tasty combination of ground sirloin, onions, green and yellow bell peppers and portobello mushrooms. Great! But NO carbs......no rice, potatoes, noodles, bread (I'd even take a tortilla), nada. I'm a witch without carbs. No wine with dinner, no desert. :(

Hubs has a meeting tonight so I snuck 2 frozen waffles! I feel so guilty but... oh well. My carb "fix" is satisfied. He'll never know.

As you can imagine, I didn't do well on the Atkins diet.
(3)

Becky04473 Jul 5, 2018
My dinner wasn’t particularly exciting, but not allowed to eat after 7:00. PJ brought a pizza for us for dinner. Probably won’t eat again until Saturday sometime. My private duty nurse got here at 6:00. She was finishing up another assignment. Lucked out and got the same two nurses - makes me feel better. They’re so nice and very helpful. They’ve got me all prepped and ready to go. Have one more round of meds and then wake up tomorrow afternoon sometime.
(4)

3 5 7

Related
Questions

Related
Articles