Follow
Read More
Inadequate chicken salad sandwiches. Tomorrow is oven Bbq ribs with a cucumber tomatoes salad and feta cheese whither a vingarette.
(0)

Stouffers makes some decent meals, don't they?
(1)

Stuffed bell peppers (Stouffers) and grilled bollilo bread.
(2)

Nah the coyote will be stringy and tough. Find a nice juicy Easter Bunny or a tender little Passover Lamb.
(2)

I'm so tired of hearing the dogs barking at the coyotes that I think I will shoot the coyotes and cook them for supper.....(just kidding(..marymember
(2)

I discovered a recipe on Rhodes website for a bread load with the sandwich filling baked in. I've never made it using their filling recipe, but I loved the idea and have done other fillings. Tonight I did a Gizmo version. The hard part for me is getting the bread dough rolled out into a rectangle. I thought I'd better practice because I'm planning to serve these loaves at a family party in a week. I did a little better tonight, but it still is hard. The outcome was outstanding, though. It would have gone better with a tossed greens salad, but I wanted to use up some fruit so we had fruit salad. Definitely a keeper I'll be making for the party.
(3)

I made a Pork tenderloin and red potato hash with lots of onions and applesauce. Was yummy. :)
(4)

I'm getting back into cooking lately with MIL in rehab! She hardly like anything I cook ( I'm a culinary school graduate and was personal chef to a millionaire in California in my younger days!), and I have to watch her diet and hubby is diabetic. We have been enjoying going out to eat again lately without the guilt of leaving her home alone and getting the "wish I could go out" from her! Pasta night tonight at our local favourite restaurant so no cooking tonight but will try some of these delicious recipes on here.
(4)

Made 2 quiche today so it's either that with salad or turkey & veg.
(2)

Blackened Chicken Alfredo over Fettucini and a Strawberry Mango pie for dessert. Good thing the Schwan's truck stopped by.
(3)

Jeanne, you sound like an amazing cook! Yes, we had a Seder at my house Monday night and we were invited to (and attended) a Seder at my ex's house last night with all my kids and grandson and loads of other people. We use props to explain the 10 plagues to the little ones--including ping pong balls for hail--which keeps everyone attentive and engaged!
(3)

" whats for dinner "
this makes me recall a couple of guys i used to work in the " too " close proximinity of -- a trim carpenter and a painter. to say that these guys were unmotivated would be the understatement of all time. when theyd get to work in the am, the first hour of work would be discussion about where they were going to have lunch at today. then theyd talk about the " band " lighting for the next and so on until before you know it, it would be time for lunch. i dont believe i ever saw either of them do anything and by the time the builder would catch up to them each day theyd be " out to lunch " . the builder died at the age of 45 -- i s'pose he just gave up..
(0)

I feel tired so I'm glad dinner was easy. No headache so far, and I'm not planning on one! :) Yes, this is the last part of the study.
(1)

How do you feel Jeanne? No headache I hope....is this the last part of the study?
(0)

I had my spinal tap today, so I planned an easy dinner. Remember those Bisquick recipes for "impossible" pies -- you poured a batter over stuff in a pie plate and it sunk to the bottom and formed a crust? I think they were first popular in the 80s. I made an "impossibly easy taco pie" for dinner and served Fritos with it. A good quickie for tax night.
(0)

allright then, chicken pumps at my place. everyone should bring a bushel of driveway stone - probably..
(0)

The first times I participated in progressive suppers several of us high school friends tromped through the snow to one another's houses. I remember doing the dessert course and serving cherry pie one time.
(0)

Captain, a progressive supper is a many-course meal served at different people's houses. That is, appetizers at one place, then soup at the next house, main course, another place, dessert another, and so on. It's a way to get to know people. Of course, gas was cheaper the last time I participated in such an event.
(0)

Well, sort of ... but ebelskivers are not deep fried. I like a crisp and tangy apple for this purpose, like granny smith. Or blueberries. My sons prefer chocolate chips.
(1)

I got an Ebelskiver pan. This thing is a weapon, made of cast iron. It came with a pair of Danish looking chopsticks. I'm thinking these are gonna be like overgrown Timbits. Now, what sort of apple...
(1)

wordy, "a progressive supper ". im not sure what that means but ill bring chicken pumps..
(0)

With Lewy Body Dementia, and I believe with Alzheimer's too, the loss of smell contributes to a decrease in the enjoyment of flavors. My husband liked to compensate by drenching many foods in hot sauce! He also loved Subway sandwiches.
(1)

mary, my dad got so he only wanted sweet things. Apparently sweet is one of the last flavors lost. The hopsice folks suggested adding syrup or sweet applesauce to his food to encourage eating. He never really liked salad! But he liked warm, soft foods, like soup, pancakes, and some casseroles. Too much food on a plate can overwhelm a dementia patient.

Too bad we don't all live close enough to have a progressive supper. We'd have the greatest meal!
(1)

Having Alzheimers, my husband's appetite has dwindled. He hasn't actually lost weight, which is a surprise. He doesn't enjoy meals as much. I steam cook fresh vegetables and try more broiled steaks. He likes salads the most.

Any suggestions for what your Alzheimer loved ones likes the most? marymember
(0)

the homemade mac and cheese sounds like the real deal to me yaya. love it baked with some ham bits in it.
the yams i could do without jeanne. beta carotine's a**, id rather die young.
my mom would sometimes specifically ask for some fried potato wedges. i think id fry them in oil mixed with water, then when the water had cooked the potatoes and boiled away youd be frying again. this technique is what gives em " fluff " .
(0)

Oooo, dinner was SO good! Carrot sticks and asparagus tossed in olive oil with lemon pepper and sprinkled with sesame seeds, sliced yams tossed in olive oil with a little honey, cinnamon, and allspice, and brussels sprouts tossed in kalbi sauce with a little olive oil. All vegetables roasted in the oven. Ginger scones. Lamb chops rubbed with Ras El Hanut, seared, then oven-roasted. Served with a fresh herb sauce including water cress. Oh my! Good stuff.

I knew I had more lamb chops than we could eat so I made extra veggies, too, and my grandson just picked up his take-home meal!

By the way, I'm really enjoying my new immersion blender.

ba8alou, do you have a gathering at your house for Passover?
(2)

Cleaning frantically to be ready for Passover so pizza tonight!
(3)

Finally got around to making that homemade mac&cheese, Boni! Burgers with sweet onion and a tossed green salad. Comfort food...mmmm!
(2)

Chinese food at my daughter's and a visit with the grandkids Doesn't get much better than that.
(3)

Don't cook tonight...Call Chicken Delight! Lots of yard work so no cooking tonight. Just ordered Fried chicken, fries, cole slaw and cheese cake. : )
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter