Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
Ezekiel 4:9 cereal, and banana
(3)

She1934 - my kids love watermellon. Beside eating it fresh, they also like watermellon juice, watermellon sorbet, watermellon popcicles, watermellon jello. So I buy and freeze a lot of watermelon (we have a big freezer) that way the kids can enjoy watermellon months after the season is over. If your husband enjoy some of these treats, you can freeze watermellon if you have freezer space.
(2)

I am struggling a lit to provide nutritious and very easy meals. I have several conditions, including full blown fibromyalgia, Graves' Disease, a minor heart issue and when these are added to my exhaustion of 24/7 caregiving, I just have to find easy way to feed us. My son does most of the grocery shopping, but is not here most of the time to help with prep, but he is very good at finding frozen entrees and other things that require little prep. I add small green salads and fresh fruit, try to make sure the salt levels are reasonable and thus helps a lot. Though I have always love to cook, I just cannot manage much at all. I usually have more energy in the mornings, but there is so much to do for him when he gets up, that I often do not get something into my crock pot, but I still do when I can, or make a casserole that we can eat for two-three meals. I have a recipe box of easy favorites and keep those ingredients on my list. Sometimes I do "dinner" at lunch and soup and sandwich at dinner-time. That is often all I can manage. One good thing so far is that my husband is not a prickly eater, but insists on watermelon. Am dreading the end of the season!
(2)

Didn’t cook. Sunday dinner at my sister’s. Vegetarian lasagna and salad.
(0)

I've got baked beans that were in the slow cooker all day, one of the traditional Fall dishes we used to make on the farm with beans from a pailful that were scooped right out of the gravity box. (It was often my job to sort through the beans to pick out any stones, bugs or discoloured ones)
(3)

It's my laziest Sunday in a long time. I'm continuing my streak of doing as little as possible by ordering some delivery food for dinner. I'm mostly through the chocolate milkshake. There is a bleu cheese, sautéed mushrooms and onions hamburger in the bag, and french fries with garlic aioli dipping sauce. I don't even know what that is lol! But I'm going to find out. :-) (Oh, it's mayo... ok, got it.)
(3)

Not dinner, but I made French toast casserole to take to end of month brunch at church. I had never made before, but it smelled great.
(3)

I’m hoping our ideas for church will catch on. It would be nice for all of us. We live in a close knit community and church is important.
(1)

Love cabbage rolls May do some myself, or better yet get them from the deli.They do a pretty good job. Great cold weather food. Tonight was canned salmon and brussel sprouts. Strange combo I know, but it was nutritious and didn't take much work. With my food allergies, potlucks are out for me :(

usedupdil -good ideas. I was looking at the activities put on by the church on the corner and most were young adults and children. I suspect I am the oldest person that attends there.

riverdale -that sounds good and easy. I may try it.
(4)

For those who are more vegetarian inclined we make a tofu scramble. Saute red onion and green pepper first. Add extra firm tofu cubed and then seasonings cumin and curry powder to your preference. It holds up well as a leftover if you have some left. That and a salad is satisfying. Also adding chopped cilantro at the end is a good addition. Hope this helps someone out there.
(4)

Mmmm, cabbage rolls! I'm going to put that on my list of dinner ideas, and cucumber salad too.
Senior Ladies Prayers and Potluck is a fantastic idea, and it will look inviting in the church bulletin too.
(5)

Potluck with 16 ladies from church. Big selection of Polish and Hungarian foods. Most of my neighbors are of Polish and Hungarian descent. Pierogi’s with every filling imaginable. Sausage stuffed cabbage rolls, cucumber salad with dill and more. We also had a great conversation about trying to get our church to hire a female senior minister. Our final idea and plan is to meet monthly for a potluck for all of us widowed, divorced or single women over 50. Food and friends are good!
(4)

Vege salad and pan seared fish filets. Tasty but "diet food". Sigh.
The only consolation was a small scoop of ice cream. ;)
(2)

Grilled steak, baked potatoes, salad, rice pudding. Sister brought salad and dessert, BIL grilled. Nice time.
(2)

Now that I think 🤔 about it
I need a candy bar 🍫

I just had a late lunch : early dinner
mahi mahi tacos

headed back to the office for more fun
(2)

Cwillie
you forgot donuts 🍩

it’s also BOGO Thursday at Starbucks
(1)

I have had enough of my low carb diet and want to go on a serious binge... I crave cookies🍪 cake🍰 pasta🍝 french fries🍟.....🤤🤤

must.be.strong😬
(3)

That sounds perfect for this cooler weather UsedupDIL and there's a lot of good vitamins in that too.
We're having sandwiches,chips and cottage cheese at our house tonight keeping it easy since our dishwasher isn't working.......
(2)

Homemade vegetable soup and cornbread
(2)

Baa haha Gershun!
Your dinner was lamb and duck!
Hubs and I are still eating left over lamb.
(2)

Homemade pork tamales with red sauce, chicken tamales with green sauce and tamales with rajas (poblano chilies) with cheese, also frijoles puercos (beans with pork). Mocha/chocolate cake for desert, Yum!
(It's my step daughters 22nd birthday and that was her choice.)
(7)

Italian deli sandwich with coleslaw and caprese side salad-😋
(6)

Chicken stir fry with lots of veggies, brown rice.
(3)

Baaaa!

Have you heard this one?

Mary had a little lamb, she also had a Duck,
She put them on the shelf to see if they would
FALL OFF!

Bet you thought I was going to say something else didn't you?
(4)

Pulled out the electric roasting pan and made a 6 lb. lamb roast. Days later, we are having Au jus lamb, brown rice, and vegetables. Yesterday we had a lamb wrap with broccoli slaw and mozzarella cheese, Maybe I will freeze the rest.
(3)

Home made minestrone - sort of. I combined a cabbage and other vegetables soup (very spicy) I had made with some black beans. It was really good!
(6)

CW, you can have a cup of marshmallows with some hot chocolate, haha. I just bought some hot chocolate today from the dollar store. They had boxes of Keurig cup hot chocolate, different kinds, and the weather here is creeping towards fall-like.

I just had a veal weiner and then I'm having Hungarian beef stew for dinner, thanks to my Polish coworker who likes to bring food in to me... which I always find hilarious that she likes to give me all of this food from the Polish deli, or things she makes, considering we do have plenty of food we can make at the restaurant.

I'm getting good at understanding what makes Polish food to be Polish food. You take any kind of noodle or meat in the world, and if you put with cabbage and dill, you made it Polish food. :-) If it's a sausage and you put with cabbage then that's extra-Polish, Polish food.
(6)

I've been a very good girl all week eating low/no carbs and exercising so after my healthy stir fry I'm enjoying a banana and a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.
(hm, how many marshmallows do you think I can fit in a cup?)
(4)

Dude! i’m from as south as you can get and never heard of leather britches! Excited to pop that one on my Cajun FIL who still tends a big garden at 88. Very interested in the dry over a fire technique. I could eat green beans EVERY day and never get tired of them.
(3)

Pizza! who can resist? Plus you get all your food groups in one delicious slice!
My favorite is covered in my favorite veggie, fresh raw organic garlic and tons or organic Mediterranean oregano and basil! I thank God everyday I married an Italian, lol.
(6)

2 3 4 5 6
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter