Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Ditto Bon! Haha, but most of our restaurants here do not serve real beverages from a real bar. They even have SAKE!!

Cap, did you sprinkle some caraway seed on those chops,

this thread makes me so hungry!
(1)

im frying pork chops . never mind what time it is , my days and nights have gone a little wild anyway in the last few months .
(0)

i may try the pond water pam . the tap water dont look very nutritious to me . if these trees take off ill start two more . i have plenty of room for them . got me some old american made pruning tools at a flea mkt today . got a bow saw and two sets of pruning nips really cheap . im not even interested in the chinese trash in the hardware stores .. i have 3 apple trees , 3 peach and two pear so far . all need gone over well ( pruned / shaped ) this fall ..
(2)

I left out the stuffed red and green peppers. It's a colorful dish all right.
I can't stand Sushi, but I understand that people who love Sushi....REALLY LOVE SUSHI. Oh, how I would love to chat over a dinner table with you and a REAL DRINK! LOL!
(1)

Mmmm... sound delirious Boni!! I love lamb, specially those lolipop chops.

Just found out that our little town opened up a Sushi Bar and Restaurant!! This is like a real one found in the big cities!! They actually serve drink drinks, not just stale whine.... oh oh oh....this made my day! I have not had real Sushi since I left Ft. Lauderdale!! Happy dance....happy dance!!
(1)

Stuffed yellow squash,on a bed of baby lamb chops, in a pot of tomato sauce and Syrian spices, slow cooked until the lamb and garlic chunks are melted.....With plain old school yogurt on the side. Planned this for Brothers visit last night, but the day got past me and we ordered in.
A recipe from my Fathers Syrian heritage. THANKS Jido (grampa) for getting us to the USA in the early 1900's. We appreciate it now, more than ever. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
(2)

Cap, I heard Willow water promotes new root growth, and so the little sprouts that pop up out of potatoes. Pond water is good too, better than tap water.
(1)

after the bad experience with the soy bean pies the other night i shifted propagating a couple cherry trees to the top of my priority list . i couldnt find any cherry trees at the farm stores this fall , all of em were fruitless decorative japanese cherry trees . at least the tree im trying to propagate cuttings from is a known fruit bearing tree . the 11 quarts of cherries i canned up this summer didnt last very long around here .
(0)

Made my chicken salad from yesterday's roasted chicken.... best part was the fresh celery and fist sized onion from the garden, oh... and fresh plucked tomato slices... all on fresh french bread

This thread always makes my tummy GROWL ! Great home chef's.
(2)

Everyone's dinner menus sound great and gives me ideas. Because of appts I decided on a simple dinner of meatloaf with cubed pepper jack and cheddar cheese, brussel sprouts and zucchini broiled.
(1)

Glad you at least got to eat some of the soup before you had to put your house on the market, Jessie!
(1)

Tonight we had homemade vegetable soup with cornbread. Everything was great. Then the terrible happened. I was putting away the leftovers and had to set the soup aside. It started toppling. A lot of it spilled all over the table and onto the floor. It looked like someone had gotten sick. I thought seriously about leaving and sticking a For Sale sign in front of the house, instead of cleaning it up. What a mess!
(1)

Tonight we had potato pancakes, fried apples, and bacon. ... mmm ...

I always think of my mother making them for a large family, grating the potatoes by hand, and I am grateful for my food processor! I associate them with Sunday night dinner in the living room, watching Lassie.
(0)

i dont buy much prepared stuff pam . i was thinking a pie for my aunt but i wouldnt feed anyone that s*it .. like the people in the uk and europe , i dont have a problem with , say , horsemeat , but i dont want to see it labeled grade a angus .. its the fraudulent labeling that needs corrected ..
(1)

I guess this is a good week for pork. Tonight I stuffed pork tenderloin with dried fruit simmered in apple juice with several spices and served it with shallot sauce made with pan drippings, roasted broccoli with Parmesan cheese, hasselback potatoes, and cheddar garlic biscuits. Tropical sorbet for dessert.

We always eat well, but this was a more labor-intensive meal than I usually tackle.
(0)

Captain buy 2 pints of blueberries and a roll out pie crust. Mix a cup of sugar with the berries and 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp flour. Pour them into one crust and top with the other crust. Sprinkle cinnamon on the top crust. Poke a hole in the center to vent the crust. Bake at 350 for an hour. Enjoy. If you don't have a 9" pie plate, use a 9" frypan.
(0)

i broke down and bought some pork tonight . it was 2 bucks a pound but nice looking pork . found out something thats bugging me enough to write to my senator tonight tho . i looked at a blueberry pie at the sav a lot . it was 2 . 99 . not a bad price so i decided to see if there were blueberrys in it . no there wasnt . not berries , imitation berries , not berry bits and pieces , nothing . among all the list of chemicals was corn and soy beans . i looked at cherry pies , no cherries at all . ditto apple pies . all solidified soy beans . im not surprised but im pissed . these should be labeled soy bean pies . its no wonder poor people and impoverished urban people are overweight . their natural cravings are not being fulfilled , just fed more soy beans ..
(3)

Cold and rainy today. Boneless pork loin, pan roasted potatoes, sauerkraut broiled till crispy and sweet in pork drippings, and applesauce. YUM!
(3)

In the middle of an exhausting heat wave here so tonight it will be a fruit smoothie. Frozen bananas, frozen fresh raspberries and I will sneak over to the neighbors for some blackberries off her vine. Throw in some protein powder and a few ice cubes and it is delicious.
(3)

free range chicken is roasting in the oven. Stove top stuffing, green beans n potatoes, gravy and of course, jellied cranberry.

Tomorrow, chicken salad on fresh french bread.

DONE!
(2)

All of these ideas are making me very hungry and I don't know what we are having for dinner tonight. Maybe I will make lasagna, salad, and garlic bread! Sound good? Just have to go to the store first...
(1)

Baked pork chops with potatoes and broccoli. Hubby will think he's in Heaven
(1)

I had a caregiver support meeting tonight, and I took the easy way to dinner -- Costco's excellent stuffed peppers. The recipe must be very similar to my own, and I feel no compulsion to do it myself when theirs are just over $2.00 each. They use pretty, bright peppers, too. Mine tonight was orange. :)
(2)

$28.00 dollars for 2 small dunganess crab? Oh my.... I'd have to pass on that. When I find a good sale I usually by at least 4. They freeze quite nicely.

We decided to have Chinese takeout from Safeway tonight. Mom loves her Orange Chicken. Easypeasy and she eats it all.
(1)

Went fishing with hubby yesterday and he caught 3 not very big mackerel, which I like a lot, so we'll probably bread them w/panko and pan fry.
(2)

Ahhh, great idea! My eggplant is almost full grown. I'm going to steal your secret!
(0)

I made eggplant parmesan. I bread and bake the sliced eggplant on cookie sheets.saves time from frying patches of eggplant andnd uses less oil. Mom was happy and we have leftovers.
(2)

We had pork chops, rice pilaf, summer squash with onions, pickled beets, and Apple sauce.
(2)

fast dinner: got home from local fruit stand and made a fast stir fry: with Tamari sauce, sliced jumbo garlic, onions, summer squash, zucchini, one large mushroom,
one carrot, handful of just picked beans and fresh corn on the cob on the side.

I notice that every time I have to do something with my mother I reward myself afterwards with a healthy treat, or something that I might not do: like take a walk in nature, or something that connects me and heals me. Good food works every time!
(1)

jeanette,
a french roll sounds very much like a german brotchen roll to me , except i dont put egg in the recipe and use about 30% whole wheat . ive filled em with many different ingredients but when i went to visit g kids this summer my son made them with pizza filling . ive never tried that . i was lying down resting my ribavirin headache and didnt witness the results but cubehead said the kids tore them up . haveta believe him , there were none left .. both kids told cubical that they didnt know what subject to connect with me on . we found it in the kitchen .
theres no end to the possibilities with the filled rolls . yea , crab would be a heck of a filling too ..
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter