What's for dinner?

Follow
Read More

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
What a great idea cwillie,although Iv'e never heard of French toast casserole,I know it's got to be good with the ingredients you listed.
We did end up having breakfast tonight.I made fried potatoes,an ham and cheese omelet and pancakes but there weren't less dishes darnit~
(2)

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favourites Luckylu, I especially like french toast casserole with hash browns and bacon, you can add in some fruit for a more balanced meal. Yum.
(3)

cwillie...At our house,we always called your "Proper"dinner a 4 square dinner.A meat,green,starch,and roll.I made one last night too.Porcupine balls over white rice,a tossed salad and cornbread.
Tonight I might make breakfast for dinner,either that or soup and sandwiches...something easy with less dishes.
(1)

CW,
We had salmon, green beans and a unique blend of mushrooms, onions, poblano chilies and cream. Yum
(4)

Tonight I am having a proper dinner for a change: baked potato, fish and a nice blend of steamed veg.
(9)

Are we going to wear the leather jackets & britches, or eat them?
(4)

I would not have survived as a pioneer woman 😂😂😂
(5)

Aha, I've found a reference to "leather britches" on the Spruce-

"Air drying green beans is a way of preserving them that dates back to pioneer times. It was especially popular in the southern United States where they were nicknamed "leather britches." It's a technique worth trying because once dried they keep indefinitely.

The flavor of the rehydrated, cooked green beans are quite good. Especially if you dry them over a fire or wood stove, they have extra dimensions of flavor compared with canned or frozen beans." (www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-air-dry-green-beans-1327543)
(5)

Nice to have Friday night seafood, Becky

but, I’m still trying to figure out green beans and leather jackets ?
(3)

That's good you get to have dinner with cousin, Becky, and if I were in Maine, I would want a waterfront lobster dinner. :-)

I'm just so tired this week, it comes and goes, but it hit hard on Monday after not sleeping well and having an early doctor's appointment, and has kept going all week because try as I might, can't seem to get to sleep early.

I'm eating easy stuff this week, and indulging some cravings. (I can always eat at work but it's not often appetizing to me anymore.) On the way home last night, I asked myself "Self, what sounds good for dinner? It has to be easy and quick and tasty." Self replied "Hmmmm... what about a BLT sub from Subway?" That sounded good so I went to the Subway by my house but they were closed, not sure why. I went to small local convenience grocery and bought bacon and bread and went home and made BLTs.

They were mostly good. The artisan sourdough bread -- which was one of two bread styles at the small local store, the other being French baguette -- wasn't ideal for my BLTs, though. You'd think it would be.... but the crust was so thick and the bread was so chewy... It was like chewing on cardboard to get to the middle part where the nummy bacon, lettuce, tomato was.

I guess the point of buying ARTISAN bread isn't for sandwiches. Not sure exactly what it's for, but it's not for sandwich bread.
(4)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions