Follow

My in-laws are being cared for by there v CB leaning people and someone they met 6 months ago. These people are not legitimate care givers. My in-laws have spoke poorly our family to them so they are rude and basically taken control of my in laws. To the point that my in-laws trust only these people and not their family. My husband (their Son) are at a loss. We don’t know what to do. My in laws are making bad decisions and these people are helping them do what they want. The more we push my in laws to get the right care they get mad at us and don’t include us in their decisions. Yet they complain we are not helping them. So frustrating and any help or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you from Illinois

is it normal for care takers to cause problems with the family and treat you like you are not family and they are family.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I’m sorry I meant cleaning people
(3)

PamZ, I thought Church of the Brethen as well.
(1)

I didn’t know what CB was either. At first glance, I was wondering if she left off the D at the end and was referring to CBD. 😆 LOL
(0)

Thanks, Stacy. Stay handy; we clearly need interpreters!
(0)

I totally did not I think CB radios.. LOL may be church of brethern? (SP Check) but I also had trouble understanding alot of the post, sorry. Maybe Christian Believers? I was guessing they met them at church and figured they were trustworthy? Not knocking religion,, just my first thoughts here
(1)

Please clarify the "v CB leaning people"
It is not "normal" for caregivers to create problems within a family. That is a red flag if it is happening.
If either one of your In Laws has cognitive problems it might be time to step in and obtain Guardianship. You may not be able to get Guardianship of both but 1 might be better than none. And you would have more control over what is occurring.
If you have proof that there is a problem with financial abuse that can be reported.
(3)

CB Leaning would be people who are part of a CB radio club. Don't you think? That was my impression.
(1)

I, as well as RealyReal, don't get what CB leaning people are. There is some general difficulty for me in understanding you post completely. This may be merely that you have English as a second language and I am failing to understand, but I think I do understand that you feel people possibly are taking advantage of your elders, may in fact be fraudulent.
I would contact APS (Adult Protective Services) in your area. Report your concerns and ask they make a wellness check specifically to check on the qualifications and payment to these persons you suspect. If this fails you might consider a visit to your local police or sheriff departments. Ask them if they know of options for you to check these folks out. Tell them you have safety concerns. If THAT doesn't work see if there is a number on the internet for your area for some counsel on aging agencies to ask after options. Last resort, an hour of time with an elder law attorney to find out if you have other options. That will be an expensive hour. I can't think of another thing if your elders are not listening to your concerns.
(3)

What is v CB leaning people?
(6)

Do you live near your in-laws? If so, go and meet these people. How did your in-laws meet them? What do you know about them?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter