I posted this once but it did no take so here goes again. I post this realizing many of you are exactly in the same boat but here goes again. This is my situation:
1) Mom is unable to care for herself and has worsening dementia
2) Mom does not want to go care facility and you can't force her
3) we are not suppose to be around our elder parents so we can protect them from Covid(but please refer to item 1)
4) I have two brothers that live close to mom but I think one is bearing the load for caregiving and he is getting burned out. Both brothers work full time.
5) I am retired but drive to moms is 2 hours each way. ( I take mom to many of her doctor appointments and pay for a meal delivery service to her house)
6) we only have one car and my husband is major caregiver for his developmentally disabled brother who requires LOTS of help.
7) my husband has sister in Arizona so not much with brother help due to sisters distance.
8) brother finds mom on floor but ERs are at max capacity with long waits and Mom has never been a patient wait.
9) If mom requires hospilization from fall will they even find a room for her.
10) Even if she agrees to long term care that's maybe not so safe due to covid.
I could add many more items to this list that highlight why this is beyond frustrating and hopeless and most of you would be able to read them and agree and understand.
But I don't understand how we can go on like this with these impossible situations with no solutions.
What and when will the government be able to help and what rights do we and our family members have.
in the meantime the government is being sure not to trample the rights of the rioters, protesters, anti-maskers and persons ignoring requests not to gather because they are Americans and they cannot be told what to do, even if their refusal to follow suggestions is leaving many of us with impossible or no options.
I try not to get into politics so sorry for the rambling.
Thanks to all that post here because you really feel you are not alone or that you are irrational. I was seeking a dementia suppport group but covid did in our support group meetings.