Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
I miss the hairdressers as well. They do help us feel better about ourselves and we need that! But they also need to live their own lives. One woman who cuts my son's hair owns her own salon. I can't imagine what she's gone through these past few weeks since salons are shut down in my area. The woman who cuts my hair is self-employed and rents a chair in someone else's salon. Under normal circumstances, both women are financially independent. I cannot imagine what they are experiencing now.
(2)

I know. The sense of community is gone with our everyday business. So true about only drive up or curbside.
(1)

Squee,

I don't know how a double post is deleted but I have done that before too. I think most of us have.
(1)

Part of me misses the craziness. I didn't realize how normal the craziness had become. I miss the freedom of being able to run out for "one more thing" after I just got home from grocery shopping because a loved one forgot to tell me they ran out of a necessity. I miss being able to walk inside the bank and have someone greet me - my area is drive up service only. I miss being able to wait at a checkout and chat with other customers - now we have to be 6 feet apart. I miss sporting events.
(3)

Tothill,

My daughter too. She is missing ordinary classes, online classes and exams. Yep! No graduation ceremony. Diplomas will be sent out in mail. We have to do everything to keep safe. Still, it's sad. I'm so sorry that your life at school has been turned upside down. Nothing is the same.

Sorry to hear about your son being laid off. That's tough. Yes, it is lonely being away from friends and family.
(1)

I miss interacting with my class mates at university. I am about to finish my degree and will not have a graduation ceremony.

I miss getting together with my best friend to watch a movie or go for a drive.

I am thankful that my son has moved back home. He was very ill a few weeks ago, he was not tested, and one he was better he was laid off work. So I am not alone in the house.
(2)

Aww thanks NHWM! Tea is soothing.

Off topic - how do I delete a double post?
(1)

I have been drinking tea everyday. I hope you will get to drink tea with your mom as soon as it’s safe to do so.

Squee, my next cup of tea I will be thinking of you. 😊
(1)

I miss spontaneity.
I miss making my Mom tea with honey.
The human kindness that I'm seeing on TV calms my nerves.
(3)

Clueless sounds pretty nice right now. I get it.
(2)

I miss my daughters the most.

I miss waking up and feeling like it's a normal day without COVID-19.

I miss when I didn't hear about more people being diagnosed and dying.

I miss when I wasn't concerned out about if people I love and myself were in danger of getting this horrendous coronavirus.

I miss giving and receiving hugs from family and friends.

I miss hanging out with my friends.

I miss my neighborhood coffee shop being open.

I miss my hair salon being open.

I miss eating at my favorite places

I like that people are supporting each other. That is very sweet.
(3)

I miss my innocent brain. I miss being clueless about virus genomes, and I miss being clueless about over-seas regimes, and I miss being clueless ...

My minimal Italian has returned ... which is wonderful ...
(4)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter