Follow

I am loving hot sandwiches. A panini press may just be it!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Good for you Pam! You deserve a break and time to recharge your battery! 😊
(1)

Well I did get something I wanted.. DD got us a gift cert to a BNB in Gettysburg that we love.. enough for 2 nights!! And she will stay with Mom and watch the pets for us so we can relax! Plus its only 30 minutes away so if there is a problem we could get home fast. She gets it!!
(2)

I want less Chronic Pain ❤️❤️❤️
(2)

Pronker, since there is no Aldi's near you, I won't tempt you and tell you the various varieties of chocolates to which I now have access!
(3)

First I would like to wish everyone amongst our community of caregivers a very HAPPY & SAFE holiday season. Though as the years progressed. And as I have gotten older. I personally don't put much stock in Christmas. But with that aside my wish or what I would like to have for just one day. And it doesn't have to be Christmas. But what I would love to have is very simple. LOVE and just one day were I can just savor the morning. Wake up and have a succulent breakfast. Watch the news and/or my favorite shows. And then get dressed and just do whatever I want in a state of sheer and utter peace. No raging mother screaming and cursing up a storm. No having to worry or wonder over the slightest, smallest details. No feeling guilty for indulging in the simple wonders and pleasures of life. No having to explain myself or my reasons. Just one day of LOVE, PRAYER, THANKS, SUPPLICATION & REST. If I could just have that for one day with no interruptions or outside influence. I would be happy and so eternally grateful. And truth be told I sincerely wish the same for every single caregiver in the world.
(4)

Just reread my own post.............I said that way too many times. LOL

New Year's resolution: Proofread comments before posting them. :)
(3)

I would love to have a caregiver once a week for 12 hours to care for my mother. It would be nice to be appreciated!
I’m thankful that God’s knows my heart. He will get me through this. Merry Christmas!
(1)

This has been a tough holiday season and will be a very hard Christmas due to a loss. Can't have what I wish for each day. Sooo, 10 minutes a day where the mind is totally clear, brain at rest, no sad thought, just blank, total peace. And for others, I wish peace, rest, and a few moments of quiet, too. Best wishes to all of you.
(1)

Peace on earth, good will toward man. Just kidding..........I do want that but.........

Seriously, what I would really like would be to be content.. I don't even know what it would look like or feel like to be truly content, happy in my own skin. It's always been an elusive thing for me. Contentment that is. I know it's unrealistic to think that as a permanent state of being but it would be nice to generally feel that way, most of the time.

As for anything material. There's nothing that I want that way. I am lucky that way. I have never really craved things that much. I am blessed that way.
(5)

Zero health issues. I am done - cannot handle more, but have to. Thank you, God. Amen.
(3)

I pray to be worthy of one wish, maybe more. I'd love a wonderful already prepared favorite dinner which would magically clean itself up if it could not be out at a restaurant. I long for a vacation ..even 1 day .. to a fave beach area to eat their delicious seafood & drive to the beach at night to listen to quiet, soft waves under a starlit, clear night sky and get lucky to see a full moon in its splendor reflect across the ocean. I want to be able to go to bed and really sleep, and not lay awake til dawn with worry and stress. I'd want to stop crying at the drop of a hat, and people who contact me not be doing that just to tell me their problems. I'd like to be more well so I can at least take care of me better.

A nice dinner, a nice vacation, a perfect night's sleep, be truly cared for & not be used, better health, & peace in my soul.
(2)

I know I posted something before, but I had to add to the poster who wanted a cruise. When my mom had Alzheimer's, she hallucinated that she was on a cruise, and my mother-in-law, also with Alzheimer's, hallucinated that she had won a car on a game show. These things sound good to me!
(2)

I got my biggest wish of the year in May and also went no contact with the rest of my toxic relatives.
I just turned 65, My Birthday was a non-event.
I try not to want anything for Christmas and go into the holiday season with zero expectations, so that I'm not disappointed. Just like every other year, the only things under the tree are things I bought myself. (Yes, DH is a total Grinch.)
But, if I could wish for anything at all, this would be my Wish List:
1. I want Covid to be over. It's getting really old.
2. I want to have in person appointments at doctors and am really overdue for a dental.
3. I want to be able to leave my house without fear.
4. I want to not have NAFLD and have a champagne toast for New Years and have all my favorite foods that I had to give up.
5. I wish my PTSD could be back under control. Been off meds for 2 years now. (Not by choice.) Was doing so well for many years but the past 3 years were bad from all the stress.
6. I wish for the energy to get done so many things I've let go. I'm so tired of being chronically exhausted.
7. I wish I could let go of the anger of being robbed of my retirement and the loss of my health by my dysfunctional family. I'm working on it but I'm not there yet.
8. I wish for everyone who has struggled, been abused, lost a person or pet they loved a safe, healthy, peaceful Christmas. May 2021 be better for us all!
(5)

@GardenArtist, no such luck. Austrian chocolates sound delicious!
(2)

Merry Christmas! 🎅🤶🎄☃️🎁 🎁
(6)

To hug my Mama, just one more time. She died on December 11.
(11)

I want a long hot bubble bath with no phones, no tv, nothing to have to worry about.
Just peace and quiet for my mind and body to rest just for a while.

Also, I want my 85 year old dad to get thru rehab and return home better than when he got in there.
(2)

I want my daughter to be free of the anxiety and depression that she copes with on a daily basis.

I want my son to find his "dream job" doing medical research.

I want my husband's auto-immune illness to reverse itself, so he can stop having issues with his feet.

And if I'm going to wish for the moon, I want to lose 30 pounds without having to diet and/or exercise!

BUT - I will be grateful for being able to spend today and tomorrow with my husband and my kids, which is really the best gift I can imagine.

Peace to everyone who is feeling sad, hopeless, underappreciated, unvalued and all those other emotions that we deal with. My biggest wish is a better 2021 for us all.
(11)

Speaking of panini press, do check out a company called Lekue...I believe they may have Spanish roots, but they make a press you can put in the microwave. They use a lot of heavy, safe silicone and I have enjoyed their bowls and containers for steaming items...does a really nice job. There are lots of videos showing the press and how it works...
Right now my mother with alleged dementia (very hard to believe when she is capable of ripping off notes that say NOT YOURS DO NOT TOUCH), is throwing down the drain my freshly brewed iced tea that is causing me great frustration especially when my energy is not at 100% as I recuperate from major surgery. So I would like an electrician to totally rewire our older home, so I could feel safe about installing a mini-fridge in my locked bedroom, and know there wasn't a fire risk. I also would adore a dishwasher, and failing that, a housekeeper who would make the multiple trips needed to take down to the kitchen the load of used cups and mugs and bowls on my dresser top to get them washed!
(0)

I got some long awaited blessings this year. A real kitchen with counters ( goodbye tables) and a guy who knew how to knock out a wall and open up the room.
The state restrictions on visiting got me out of a yearly "away from home" Thanksgiving commitment and having my mother here for Christmas Day to harp on her her health. In fact after 20 plus years of buying her gifts for my children ( and me stupidly letting her give the best of the gifts on my list) she finally just sent money for the children to have and spend themselves. What a burden lifted.
So i certainly wish blessings on all caregivers, especially the unappreciated ones.
(4)

Besides world peace or Jesus returning, like a lot of folks, I want what I can't afford. :-) I want a small house/townhome with a small fenced yard so I can have a dog. We live in Iowa in a rental without a fenced yard, and I am not taking a dog out in our -40 degree wind chill days. I would love to get a cat, but my husband is allergic to them. I really need a pet. We have always had dogs up until our two beloved dogs had to be put to sleep 4 years ago before we moved here. We had a GSP and a black Lab. The Lab was my soul-doggie, if there is such a thing, and I still cry when I think about her.

However, considering what so many others here have to deal with, I have it pretty easy. Hoping everyone here has a Merry Christmas and blessings in the New Year, and that you all get what you want for Christmas.
(1)

Pronker, do you have an Aldi's store near you?  They don't carry the famous See's Candies (which are truly a chocolate lover's nirvana), but they do carry Austrian chocolates.   They're definitely worth the nominal cost, sometimes about 1/2 the cost of typical, standard brands offered in stores.
(5)

My personal wishes would be for my mom to be able to live independently again (yes, sitting all day really is bad for you- that's why she is in the shape she's in- that's a whole other post) and for her to have an actual social life. I have been wishing for years to have a property with lots of land and a fresh water source- ideally on a mountain- so I can work on my small business I want to start- all natural products, things made from reclaimed wood, etc. and to start a food ministry.

Thanks for posting and asking this question. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's answers!!
(4)

All I want for Christmas is a couple days off!
(5)

The Five Nights At Freddy's games, Bendy And The Ink Machine games, Danganronpa games, Doki Doki Literature Club, Yandere Simulator, Baldi's Basics, Totono, & Tattletail. Just get me video games and I'll be happy. XD

All y'all are asking for simple things like peace and quiet. I feel kinda selfish now. Oof.
(3)

Help with homemaking and housecleaning I need so bad.
(3)

I would like a box of chocolate covered cherries from See's. I want to go into their store, see and smell the goodies and not wear mask or gloves.
(4)

A truly selfish wish?

Just one day when I feel calm, no anxiety nibbling 'round the edges of my mind. A clean house (hahahahahahahaha) and sweet hugs and snuggles from my grands.

A nice note or card from my DH in his OWN WRITING that tells me he loves me and is grateful for me in his life.

For the TV in our bedroom to break and Dh to ask me to 'come and sleep by him'.

I'm pretty easy. As most of us are!
(5)

Calmness in our country. Love for one another, curb the anger, angry words. End to the Covid Virus and for people to take preventive measures until the vaccine can be administered. Food and warmth for those in need. A loving and secure home for all children so they can grow up to be kind adults. For children to have proper nourishment and education so they can grow up to be the future teachers, engineers, Doctors, scientists, etc. Not to be discouraged but to aim high and move ahead. For us all to see even our little blessings, the sun, trees, birds, music. Big hugs to all.
(3)

I have my Christmas present. My mom is out of quarantine today. She didn't catch the virus from the caregiver who had it. Her caregivers no longer have to wear whole hazmat looking outfits to go into her room. Mom can leave her room now, though she still can't leave the home. My husband and I will have a window opening of presents with her tomorrow. She can watch us and we can watch her. She's actually been great during her quarantine. I see her through the window every day and can tell she is well cared for.
(11)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter