Follow

There are so many heart warming stories this time of year. What's yours?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Mine is more heartwarming,, I hope, Since the parents are all passed we still do the meal here,, hubs. DD and I, plus hubs cousin with little family ( 0r too busy), our neighbor from the river house in his 70's who we make sure takes home LOTS of leftovers as he lives alone,, and my best friend whose kids spend the day with thier "other families" It is always a good day with fellowship and fun,, good food and thoughts. BFF says a lovely grace, and hubs cooks a great meal ( I am off cooking duty since he retired,, he loves to cook) we repeat this at Christmas and always have a great time!
(4)

Im afraid of turkeys chickens ducks and other big ugly birds
(0)

Not sure about heartwarming but kind of funny. After my mom died my father moved into a small apartment and lived there for another 13 years before going to AL. My brother in law would pick him up on his way to our home for Thanksgiving. That year my father asked for new pants for Christmas which I already bought. While he was there on T-Day I asked him to try them on so I could hem them before I wrapped. I assumed he knew enough to go into the bathroom or a bedroom to do so...NOPE....dropped his pants right in the middle of the living room in front of everyone.

Years later I am telling this story to relatives of my cousin who knew my father. They said he did the same thing at their house once....
(3)

@JoAnn29

It's a good thing your brother didn't ask him to pass the gravy, or he would've gotten drenched. : )
(1)

Mine is a Thanksgiving memory. One of my brothers asking for a roll and the other one throwing one at him across the table.
(2)

Here is one. Are you afraid of turkeys?

https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/next/an-unlikely-friendship-keeps-this-bird-from-the-thanksgiving-table/73-e151a953-2487-4293-9763-9c798cd716a0
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter