Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Bethany--
Thanks for your comments--but you must not have read the whole post. That's OK, I do this too. Skim a post and have quick answer--that has already been answered.

I stated a 'problem' and received kind and well thought out advice. Most of the posters and I have developed a relationship of great length---6 years, actually.

Talking to the tenants in residence IS a real estate no-no (my DD and her hubs own 30+ units and they said they asked that the current tenants not ever be disturbed as in some cases, they don't KNOW they're going to be evicted, for example.

I DID over step, and apologized. Just apologized too much.

I think I mentioned that I AM aware of the twists and turns in this relationship and it's high time I treated her like a grown up and I am endeavoring to do so.

As time goes on, the 'power dynamic' shifts. Moms become grandmas and our roles change. If you aren't there yet, well, I cannot explain it.

And actually last night, in exchange for me making them dinner, she and her DH helped DH pick up a bunch of yard supplies that simply don't fit in our cars.

I doubt I will see her for the rest of the week. Learning to have space in our togetherness.

Thank you for your advice. I think we're over the worst.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter