Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Still have the pulse oximeter from years ago.
Just received a thermometer that takes a temperature without touching the forehead.
Just wondering how many times you can shoot yourself in the head with that thing?
What is the technology used?

I am actually enjoying it. I don't get out all that much lately. 🤔
(4)

"Helenn
Jan 4, 2021
Have you heard of the test for COVID????"

Sorry, but this post is so useless and really dumb, that I can't resist saying HAVE YOU LEARNED HOW TO READ?

FROM OP'S ORIGINAL POST:
"The salon informed us that we could not come back for 14 days and that we needed to be tested for Covid."
(1)

NavyVet90
"So he makes $300 and has to waste $95 on the stupid test."

My understanding is that the tests should be free, or at the very least, covered by your insurance. Some people currently don't have insurance, so it should be covered by whatever rules gov't put in place!

I was able to get a test done through CVS at no charge to me. Most likely they charged my insurance.

I would question this charge for the test!
(2)

texasrdr22

Definitely don't beat yourself up and hoping that in the end it just turns out to be a scare for you with no illness! Lesson learned as well!

For me, it's being proactive. The "rules" in every state change so often, that it's best to use the "worst case" set of rules. I limit exposure to anyone else, keep "outings" limited, and wear a mask. So far, so good. I needed to stay healthy as I am the one who managed everything for my mother. If I was down for the count, my bros are clueless!

We live in an area that hasn't been majorly impacted, but cases are out there, and in recent weeks it has ramped up (state has a nice map, showing each town and how many active cases there are - a second map shows cumulative cases.)

FWIW, mom's facility had strict protocols and only one time, a few months ago, did one staff member test positive. The facility is IL/AL/MC, and while they discourage going out unnecessarily, people in IL and AL can go out, but have to stay isolated, for the most part, when in the building. MC can't lock the residents in their rooms, so interaction with "outsiders" is even more limited. Despite that one positive test, not one resident or other staff member got sick or tested positive.

Hope all is well for you, your family and esp your mom!
(1)

Don’t beat yourself up. Even following all the rules, one can still be exposed. I just fired my mom’s caregiver because one of her roommates tested positive. But the worst part is that this caregiver is not taking many precautions although she works around very sick people. Case in point, the caregiver needed more income so she decided to moonlight as a Lyft driver. Yes, a driver with different people getting in and out of her car. It’s as if she wants to get COVID. Good luck to her. I’ve informed her agency of her moonlighting. They were very upset that she didn’t disclose that info to them, potentially exposing all of their clients and family members. Some people just like taking a gamble in life.
(1)

Wow! You guys are fantastic! So many excellent and caring replies. Now for an update.

The day before we were to have our Covid test, Mom fell while trying to sit down in her recliner while pushing her walker to its resting place against the wall at the same time. She overextended and fell! I was in a different room, and luckily, she remembered my name and yelled for me. I found her laying on the carpet of the family room on her side. Apparently, she tried to break her fall with her right hand/arm and most likely sprained her wrist. There was some swelling and bruising and it was too painful for her to use to grip or do anything with her right hand (she is right-handed.) So....she was not up to getting in the car to go for the Covid test. I tried to get Dispatch Health to come check her out, but could not get an appointment with them for at least 3 days! Wow! They have become very popular here.

However, it has now been 16 days and neither of us have or have had symptoms. I check her temp and O2 sats regularly and, so far, so good. When I put the pulse oximeter on her, I have to remind her to breathe! She tends to hold her breath. It registered 87 one time and I had her take a couple of deep breaths and it went to 98! She is not having trouble breathing. Also, her nails are very long which is not ideal for the oximeter. Her right hand is fine now and she is back to using it like nothing ever happened.

We are both on the list to get the vaccine. It is very interesting here in Fort Worth, TX. when it comes to getting the vaccine. Some people who signed up via the online portal on Dec. 29 were immediately notified and set up with a vaccine appointment the very next day! It is being administered through the County Public Health Department. Mom and I both received confirmation of our registration, but so far, no notification of an appointment. They say you have to be patient because, in my experience, government usually screws things up! Case in point, neither one of us has received the "stimulus' check!

Oh...and I forgot to say that, on top of everything else, Mom developed a UTI! The PA at her doc's office put her on cefuroxime. The pills are huge (like Bactrim) and he is giving her the highest dose (500mg) twice a day for ten days! Everything I read online says the recommended dose is 250mg for 5 days. I am concerned that the PA got it wrong.

It's always something!
(1)

I have been watching for an updates, and thank you for it. Glad to know no covid; but sorry about all the rest of it. Always something!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter