Follow

In response to me from someone else's thread. I couldn't respond to you there . Yes. I gave up POA. I'm pretty sure family will try to drag me back in. Good to know to not speak with any doctors or social workers should something happen.

Really Tired, you talk to no one in reference to your Aunt. Don't answer that phone from any number u do not know. Voicemails you do not respond to. Delete and forget. The people who should be bugged are the ones she chose to live near. And then, they r not responsible for her either. Letters u don't respond to.

This whole thing stems from no one understanding what POA means. It does not mean you would have been responsible to care for her. Just manage her finances, place her in care or set up aides. But! You were assigned POA without being asked, so it does not obligate you to take on the roll. IMO, the person assigned should also sign that they have excepted the position.

I really cannot see how any agency would think that you would need to be involved with this Aunt living 5 hrs away when there is family nearby. Please, just keep saying NO. I would hope by now that ur cousins and Aunt know where u stand.
(2)

Be strong !
If your family were to give your phone number ( AND THEY MIGHT ) to a doctor or social workers to talk to you ….. you tell them you have no POA , no power and will not discuss anything with them and hang up .
(3)

Don't allow you to be dragged in. Stay safe. You had to go through a lot to get where you are.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter