Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
kathyhegna, I agree with what Pam said above. Please note that the vast majority of us grown children do not get paid for taking care of our own aging parents.

Now, if Mom is on Medicaid [which is different then Medicare] and depending on your State Medicaid programs, you might get paid but it would be minimal even if you are helping Mom 168 hours a week.

You will need to change your mindset about not leaving your Mom with anyone else... you will crash and burn from the overwhelming work and your Mom could outlive you. Then what? I see from your profile that your Mom has Alzheimer's/Dementia and as you know that is a progressive disease that sadly only get worse over time.
(1)

Well Kathy you take yourself and Mom to a lawyer and have a caregiver contract drawn up. Mom will pay you from her saving/retirement/or SS. Then you move in with her or she moves in with you. we deal with this issue all the time on this site, and this is the best and most often advice given. It seems almost no service/etc will just "pay " you for this.. Mom has to. Some folks have found ways to be paid for a few hours a week, but not full time. And keep in mind it is a 24=7 job.. You will eventually need a day or a few hours off. Good luck, this is a tough decision
(0)

anybody she is 24/7 and i will not leave her with someone else
(0)

someone please help me become my moms copanion so i can get paid for it
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter