Follow

I visit other veterans living in VANH. I have seen a great decline in care in the past few years so I spoke out about it. I was of course related but I have kept speaking out.
My last visit met with again a ban on visiting one floor. The patient is a PD friend. He is not doing well and his care is the cause of most of it.
They told me he can't make the decision of whether it was good for me to visit him.
I also visit other units where the many of the men are at their breaking point. One veteran sleeps on the floor in the hall.
This facility is a good example of how our VA NH are deteriorating under the Trump regime.
It is also very disturbing I cant get much help from my reprentatives to look into these problems. Seems building new VA is all there concerned with.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
The shocking thing is no matter how great the neglect the numbness people are today. Another point is the veteran(captor) out of fear of retaliation will not fight .I see it all the time.
Vveterans are uninterested till someday they end up in one
My question is how much is a defamation case worth here
(0)

Yes, I'm afraid that I remember being shocked to hear of scandals related to VA mismanagement several years ago on the BBC World Service. I'm not an especially shockable person but I had perhaps naïvely thought that the USA would treat its servicemen better than we in the UK do.*

However: the point surely is that quality of care is a) a major societal challenge and b) not assisted by political partisanship.

But I applaud your persistence in lobbying on behalf of veterans' rights. You say you're not getting much help from representatives; are you in touch with other ordinary citizens or veterans or groups or families who share your concerns about the day to day delivery of care?

*Generally speaking, you do. I regret to say that this is not saying much.
(1)

The VA has been deteriorating long before Trump took office. Do your research and please take your politics elsewhere. VA has been a mess for years and years and our veterans have been horribly mistreated.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter